- State and Regional
Water Boards' Map
- Board Priorities
- Make a Payment
- Decisions Pending and Opportunities for Public Participation
GAMA - Groundwater Ambient Monitoring and Assessment Program
Well Owners - Water Quality in Private Domestic Wells
- Fact Sheets
- Well Owners
Domestic well water is typically used by single family homeowners for private use and consumption. It is the responsibility of the well owner to ensure that their domestic well water is safe, since the State of California does not regulate domestic well water quality.
You may have concerns about the water from your domestic well. The information provided on this topic is divided into the following areas to help you find important information about domestic wells:
- Testing your well water
- How to address well water quality problems?
- Domestic well checklist
- Additional domestic well information
- Guide for Domestic Well Owners
- Guía para los dueños de Pozos Domésticos
- GAMA Domestic Well Project
- An interactive map, Is My Property Near a Nitrate-Impacted Water Well?, is available for private domestic well owners to determine their proximity to possibly contaminated wells
Keep up-to-date on State Water Board GAMA activities. Subscribe to the "Groundwater Ambient Monitoring & Assessment (GAMA)" email list (in the "Water Quality" section).
Questions or Comments?
Email us at GAMA@waterboards.ca.gov or call (916) 341-5577
Groundwater Ambient Monitoring & Assessment Program
State Water Resources Control Board/Division of Water Quality
1001 I Street, 15th Floor
Sacramento, CA 95814
Fax: (916) 341-5463