Water Recycling Funding Program (WRFP)
The mission of the Water Recycling Funding Program (WRFP) is to promote the beneficial use of treated municipal wastewater (water recycling) in order to augment fresh water supplies in California by providing technical and financial assistance to agencies and other stakeholders in support of water recycling projects and research.
Our vision is to achieve maximum reuse of treated municipal wastewater for beneficial uses in California.
The purpose of the WRFP is to promote water recycling by providing technical and financial assistance to local agencies and other stakeholders in support of water recycling projects and research. The WRFP functions through a number of core activities and supporting activities.
In January 2007, the State Water Board approved the Strategic Plan for calendar years 2007 and 2008 for the WRFP. The Plan establishes a strategic goal, sets program objectives, and identifies specific measures and targets for tracking program performance.
- State Water Board Approves $800 Million in 1% Financing for Recycled Water Projects to Provide Drought Relief | Media Release | Fact Sheet
- Water Recycling Funding Program: Project Eligibility Video
- 2009 Municipal Wastewater Recycling Survey Results | Submit corrections to the survey
- AB 2572 - Urban Water Supplier Water Metering Requirements Regulation Affecting Eligibility for Grants and Loans Effective January 1, 2001
- AB 1420 - Regulation Affecting Eligibility for Water Management Grants and Loans Effective January 1, 2009.
- Current funding provided to recipients.
- Application requirements for construction loans and grants available to eligible applicants in California.
- Application requirements for planning grants available to eligible applicants in California.
- Environmental requirements for State Revolving Fund Loan and Grant applicants.
- Water rights requirements for State Revolving Fund Loan and Grant applicants.
- How much recycled water is used in California and where and how it is used (Statewide Municipal Wastewater Recycling Survey).
- Water Recycling Funding Program Guidelines
- 2005 Competitive Project List
- Water Recycling Policy
- Water Recycling Research
- Economic Analysis Resource Documents
Questions or Comments?
Division of Financial Assistance
Water Recycling Funding Program
State Water Resources Control Board
P.O. Box 944212
Sacramento, CA 94244-2120