- State and Regional
Water Boards' Map
- Board Priorities
- Make a Payment
- Decisions Pending and Opportunities for Public Participation
Nonpoint Source Pollution (NPS) Control Program
Grants & Funding
The NPS Program administers grant money it receives from United States Environmental Protection Agency through Section 319(h) of the Federal Clean Water Act and from the state Timber Regulation and Forest Restoration Fund. These grant funds can be used to implement projects or programs that will help to reduce NPS pollution. Projects that qualify for funding must be conducted within the state's NPS priority watersheds. Project proposals that address Total Maximum Daily Load implementation and those that address problems in impaired waters are favored in the selection process. In addition, the NPS Grant Program funds projects that implement forest management measures on forest lands to improve water quality. There is also a focus on implementing management activities that lead to reduction and/or prevention of pollutants that threaten or impair surface and ground waters.
NPS Grant Program
The State Water Board approved the Nonpoint Source 2017 Grant Program Guidelines on September 7, 2016. Please see the links below for the Guidelines and the 2017 solicitation notice.
- Nonpoint Source 2017 Grant Program Guidelines
- Nonpoint Source 2017 Grant Solicitation Notice
- Nonpoint Source 2017 Invite Back for Full Proposal Lists - CWA
- Nonpoint Source 2017 Invite Back for Full Proposal Lists - TRFRF
Subscribe online to receive email notifications and updates for both Nonpoint Source 319(h) and Timber Fund Grants Program - located in the "Financial Assistance Topics" section.
For questions or comments about the Nonpoint Source Grant Program please contact Jodi Pontureri, Div. of Water Quality by email at Jodi.Pontureri@waterboards.ca.gov or phone at (916) 341- 5306.
Grant Forms & OTHER RELATED INFORMATION
- NEW! 2016 Grant Agreement Template
- 2017 Budget Template (Excel)
- 2017 Attachment H: Nine-element Verification Table
- 2017 Attachment I: Environmental Clearance Checklist
- General Information and Forms - this is Division of Financial Assistance’s website. The website contains additional information on grants and forms.
- Grant Progress Report (GAPRs) Template - this is a form used by all CWA 319(h) grant recipients to report quarterly on the progress of their grant projects.
- Example-GAPR - this document is an example of a grant progress report.
- Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprise (MBE-WBE) Form
- Deviation Request Form - this form should be filled out for CWA 319(h) projects that propose changes to the executed grant agreement.
- Time Extension Form - this form should be filled out if project completion date needs to be changed.
NPS Grant Project Information
Grant Reporting and Tracking System - is an online database that provides status of the grant projects from the USEPA grant tracking database.
Project Summaries - this is a website by Division of Financial Assistance, which provides a brief description of watershed projects awarded using CWA 319(h) dollars.
Other Funding Opportunities
Funding Programs at the State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) - The Division of Financial Assistance (DFA) administers the implementation of the SWRCB's financial assistance programs, that include loan and grant funding for construction of municipal sewage and water recycling facilities, remediation for underground storage tank releases, watershed protection projects, nonpoint source pollution control projects, etc. Funding programs can be found in the "current funding" tab on the DFA website.
Prop 1 Schedule - the State Water Resources Control Board will administer Proposition 1 funds for five programs.