Storm Water Program
INDUSTRIAL STORM WATER
The Industrial Storm Water General Permit Order 97-03-DWQ (General Industrial Permit) is an NPDES permit that regulates discharges associated with 10 broad categories of industrial activities. The General Industrial Permit requires the implementation of management measures that will achieve the performance standard of best available technology economically achievable (BAT) and best conventional pollutant control technology (BCT). The General Industrial Permit also requires the development of a Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) and a monitoring plan. Through the SWPPP, sources of pollutants are to be identified and the means to manage the sources to reduce storm water pollution are described. The General Industrial Permit requires that an annual report be submitted each July 1. Facility operators may be able to participate in group monitoring program.
- New! Public Comments regarding the 2014 Final Draft Industrial General Permit
- New! Public Notice
- New! 2014 Final Draft NPDES Industrial General Permit Documents for Public Comment
- Industrial General Permit and Forms
- Annual Report Storm Water Data - The Water Board staff has collected and merged all available Regional Board electronic annual report data into one Access table. Please note that much of this data has been entered with little or no QA/QC, and that the data does not represent all Regional Boards or compliance years.
- Annual Report
- Login to SMARTS (SWARM) to submit the annual report electronically
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Industrial Permit Databases
- Preproduction Plastic Debris Program Page
- Industrial Historical Documents