- State and Regional
Water Boards' Map
- Board Priorities
- Decisions Pending and Opportunities for Public Participation
On August 26, 2015, the California Department of Water Resources (DWR) and U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (Reclamation) submitted a joint petition for change in water right permit conditions (Petition) to the State Water Resources Control Board (State Water Board) for the State Water Project and Central Valley Project to add points of diversion of water on the Sacramento River associated with the California WaterFix Project (California WaterFix). On September 24, 2015, DWR submitted an application for water quality certification under section 401 of the Clean Water Act (401 Application) to the State Water Board for the California WaterFix. On October 30, 2015, the State Water Board issued a combined public notice for the Petition and an evidentiary hearing on the Petition and a separate public notice for the 401 Application. The Notice of Public Hearing was subsequently revised to accommodate changes in the hearing schedule. In light of the fact that a hearing on the petition is now underway, the prohibition against ex parte (i.e., "off-the-record") communications to the State Water Board Members concerning substantive and controversial procedural issues related to the Petition is in effect.
For additional information about the WaterFix Project, please visit the Department of Water Resources California WaterFix website. Information regarding the change petition hearing and water quality certification can be found below.
- State Water Board California WaterFix Updates
- California WaterFix Fact Sheet
- Water Right Change - Information regarding the California WaterFix water right change petition and hearing. If you have questions regarding the water right change petition and associated hearing for the California WaterFix, you may contact the California WaterFix hearing team at (916) 319-0960 or CWFhearing@waterboards.ca.gov.
- Water Quality Certification - Information regarding the California WaterFix water quality certification application. If you have questions regarding the Water Code section 401 application, you may contact (916) 319-0960 or CWF401@waterboards.ca.gov.
CalEPA Live Webcasts
- Watch video and/or audio webcasts of the California WaterFix Hearing on the CalEPA Live Webcasts page.
Subscribe to the "California WaterFix" email list to receive notifications and the latest updates (appears under the "Water Rights" title bar).