- State and Regional
Water Boards' Map
- Board Priorities
- Decisions Pending and Opportunities for Public Participation
San Francisco Bay/Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta Estuary (Bay-Delta) Program
Comprehensive Review of the Bay-Delta Plan, Water Rights and Other Requirements to Protect Fish and Wildlife Beneficial Uses and the Public Trust
The Bay-Delta Strategic Workplan requires a comprehensive review of the Bay-Delta Plan and water rights and other measures implementing that plan to establish interim and long-term water quality objectives and implementation measures to protect fish and wildlife beneficial uses of water and the public trust. The Workplan includes information-gathering activities by the State Water Board that may affect the scope of the Bay-Delta Plan revision or provide summaries of science to date at the commencement of the environmental review process. Those activities include: an October 2008 scoping meeting on periodic review of the Bay-Delta Plan; and a series of evidentiary hearings on a number of critical factual issues concerning the Delta’s ecology.On November 18, 2008 the State Water Board voted not to proceed with an informational fact-finding proceeding as part of the periodic review of the Bay-Delta Water Quality Control Plan, as originally planned for in the Bay-Delta Strategic Workplan. Staff will proceed with preparation of a periodic review staff report supported by facts recommending which issues the State Water Board should consider for potential modifications in the Bay-Delta Water Quality Control Plan. A draft periodic review staff report is expected to be released for public comment in February of 2009.
- Periodic Review
- 2009 Periodic Review Staff Report: As approved in Resolution 2009-0065 during the August 4, 2009 State Water Resources Control Board meeting.
- Comment Letter Received by San Luis and Delta Mendota Water Authority regarding proposed changes to the draft resolution from Item 9 of the State Water Resources Control Board’s August 4, 2009 meeting Agenda.
- Proposed Staff Change #2: The State Water Board conducted a hearing on July 7, 2009 to consider public comments on the draft staff report. The Board will consider adoption of the staff report at the August 4, 2009 Board meeting. Staff Change #2 includes the changes from Staff Change #1 and additional changes to the staff report based on the July 7, 2009 hearing.
- Notice of Adoption Hearing - July 7, 2009: Notice of Adoption Hearing for the 2009 Draft Periodic Review Staff Report of the 2006 Water Quality Control Plan for the San Francisco Bay/Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta Estuary (Bay-Delta Plan) (Comment Deadline - June 15, 2009 by 12 noon)
- Notice of Public Workshop - on Review of the 2006 Bay-Delta Plan with Enclosure (Description of Upcoming Related Bay-Delta Water Quality Control Planning Processes Included in the Water Boards’ Strategic Workplan for the Bay-Delta).
- Revised Notice
- Water Board Staff Presentation
- Transcript for the October 8, 2008 Workshop: Review of the 2006 Bay-Delta Plan
- Questions - Concerning Periodic Review of the Bay-Delta Plan can be directed to Patricia Fernandez (email) or by phone: (916) 319-9141.
- Evidentiary Hearings
- Cancellation of December 17, 2008 Pre-Proceeding Conference on the Periodic Review Informational Proceeding.
- Canceled: December 17, 2008 Save the date for a pre-proceeding conference on the periodic review informational proceeding.
- November 18, 2008 - Board Meeting (agenda item #10): Consideration of whether to proceed with the informational fact-finding proceeding described in the Water Boards' Bay-Delta Strategic Workplan and whether to issue the draft informational proceeding notice or amend the notice.
- August 29, 2008 - Request for Written Input on Factual Issues Regarding the Bay-Delta with Enclosure (Description of Upcoming Related Bay-Delta Water Quality Control Planning Processes Included in the Water Boards’ Strategic Workplan for the Bay-Delta). Written comments per this request are due by 5:00 p.m. on September 29, 2008, since 30 days from the original request date falls on a weekend.
- Questions - Concerning Evidentiary Hearings can be directed to Diane Riddle (email) or by phone: (916) 341-5297.
Subscribe to electronic mail lists and receive updates on topics of your choice.