San Francisco Bay/Sacramento – San Joaquin Delta Estuary (Bay-Delta) Program
Comprehensive Review of the 2006 Water Quality Control Plan for the San Francisco Bay/Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta Estuary (excluding San Joaquin River Flows and Southern Delta Salinity) (Phase II of the Bay-Delta Effort)
The State Water Resources Control Board (State Water Board) is in the process of a phased review and update of the 2006 Water Quality Control Plan for the Bay-Delta (2006 Bay-Delta Plan). The Bay-Delta Plan identifies beneficial uses of water in the Bay-Delta, water quality objectives for the reasonable protection of those beneficial uses, and a program of implementation for achieving the water quality objectives. This webpage includes information about the second phase of the review of the Bay-Delta Plan, which focuses on the following issues: (1) Delta outflow objectives, (2) export/inflow objectives, (3) Delta Cross Channel Gate closure objectives, (4) Suisun Marsh objectives; (5) potential new reverse flow objectives for Old and Middle Rivers; (6) potential new floodplain habitat flow objectives; (7) potential changes to the monitoring and special studies program, and (8) other potential changes to the program of implementation. The State Water Board will also consider other potential changes to the Bay-Delta Plan during this phase, including issues identified through the scoping process, and information that is produced as part of the Bay Delta Conservation Plan (BDCP). Information concerning the other phases of the State Water Board’s review of the Bay-Delta Plan can be found here.
- April 16-17, 2014 - Delta Science Program Workshop on Interior Delta Flows and Related Stressors
- February 10-11, 2014 - Delta Science Program Workshop on Delta Outflows and Related Stressors
- April 9, 2013 - Informational Item: Next Steps for Draft Summary Report on Technical Workshops in Support of the Comprehensive (Phase 2) Review of the Bay-Delta Plan.
- Revised Public Notice for 2012 Informational Workshops, dated August 16, 2012. In September, October, and November 2012, workshops were held to receive scientific and technical information on (1) Ecosystem Changes and the Low Salinity Zone; (2) Bay-Delta Fishery Resources (focusing on pelagic fishes and salmonids), and (3) Analytical Tools for Evaluating the Water Supply, Hydrodynamic, and Hydropower Effects of the Bay-Delta Plan.
- Final Workshops Summary Report prepared by ICF (
- Draft Workshops Summary Report prepared by ICF International
- Public Comments Received After the Workshops
- Workshop Agendas, Speaker Presentations, Videos, and Comments Received
- Public Comments Regarding Potential Workshop Panel Members
- Original Notice of Public Workshops, dated June 22, 2012
- Informational Item - June 19, 2012 State Water Board Meeting
- Save the Dates Notice
- Supplemental Notice of Preparation (NOP)
- Unsolicited Public Comments and Responses
- Notice of Preparation
- 2008-2009 Periodic Review of the 2006 Water Quality Control Plan for the San Francisco Bay/Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta Estuary and Evidentiary Hearings (Staff Report Adopted August 4, 2009)
For questions about the material presented on this web page, please contact:
- Karen Niiya at (916) 341-5365 or by email at Karen.Niiya@waterboards.ca.gov
For questions about the 2012 Informational Workshops, please contact:
- Rich Satkowski at (916) 341-5439 or by email at Rich.Satkowski@waterboards.ca.gov