- State and Regional
Water Boards' Map
- Board Priorities
- Decisions Pending and Opportunities for Public Participation
November 15, 2016 Workshop for an Update Regarding the Status of the Salton Sea Management Program
The State Water Resources Control Board (State Water Board) will hold a public workshop during a regularly scheduled State Water Board meeting on November 15, 2016 to receive information and solicit public input regarding the status of the Salton Sea Management Program.
August 16, 2016 Informational Item Regarding the Status of the Salton Sea Management Program
At its regularly scheduled meeting on August 16, 2016, the State Water Resource Control Board (State Water Board) will hear an informational item consisting of an update on the Salton Sea Management Program from Bruce Wilcox, Assistant Secretary for Salton Sea Policy, California Natural Resources Agency.
April 19, 2016 Workshop for an Update Regarding the Status of the Salton Sea Management Program
The State Water Board will hold a public workshop at their regularly scheduled Board Meeting on April 19, 2016 to receive information and solicit public input regarding the status of the Salton Sea Management Program.
January 5, 2016 Workshop for an Update Regarding the Status of Agency Actions by the Salton Sea Task Force
The State Water Board will hold a public workshop at their regularly scheduled Board Meeting on January 5, 2016 to receive an update from four agencies and received input from the public regarding the status of agency actions identified by the Salton Sea Task Force.
March 18, 2015 Workshop for Solicitation of Comments Regarding the Status of the Salton Sea and Revised Order WRO 2002-0013
The State Water Board will hold a public workshop on March 18, 2015 to receive information and solicit public input regarding the provisions of the State Water Board's decision relating to the Salton Sea and whether the State Water Board should take further actions to address the Salton Sea's future.
- Workshop Video (Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
- Public Comments
- Agenda for the March 18, 2015 Board Meeting
- Notice of Public Workshop
2014 Petition of Imperial Irrigation District for Modification of Revised Order WRO 2002-0013
On November 18, 2014, Imperial Irrigation District submitted a petition for modification of Revised Order WRO 2002-0013.
- Petition of Imperial Irrigation District for Modification of Revised Order WRO 2002-0013
The State Water Board has received the following letters concerning the Petition of the Imperial Irrigation District:
- Audubon California, Defenders of Wildlife, Pacific Institute, and Sierra Club California
- Salton Sea Authority
- The Coalition of Labor, Agriculture and Business
- Imperial Valley Vegetable Growers Association
- Imperial County Building and Construction Trades Council
- Regional Governmental Affairs Committee of the Brawley and El Centro Chambers of Commerce
- Imperial County Board of Supervisors
- Eduardo Garcia, State Assemblymember, 56th District
- Raul Ruiz, M.D., Member of Congress, 36th District, California
- Juan Vargas, Member of Congress, 51st District, California
- Ben Hueso, State Senator, 40th District
- Imperial Irrigation District
2002 Order Approving the Long-Term Transfer of Water from Imperial Irrigation District
On October 28, 2002, the State Water Board issued Order WRO 2002-0013. On December 20, 2002, the State Water Board revised Order WRO 2002-0013 with the issuance of Order WRO 2002-0016. Revised Order WRO 2002-0013 approved the long-term transfer of up to 300,000 acre-feet of water per year authorized for diversion and use from the Colorado River under Imperial Irrigation District's water right permit 7643 as follows: (1) 200,000 acre-feet of water per year from Imperial Irrigation District to San Diego County Water Authority; and (2) 100,000 acre-feet of water per year from Imperial Irrigation District to Coachella Valley Water District and Metropolitan Water District of Southern California. The approved transfer was for a term of 45 years with an optional 30-year renewal period, for a total of 75 years.
- Order WRO 2002-0016
Order Denying Reconsideration of and Modifying Water Rights Order 2002-0013
- Order WRO 2002-0013 (revised)
In the Matter Imperial Irrigation District's (IID) and San Diego County Water Authority's (SDWCA) Amended Joint Petition for Approval of a Long-term Transfer of Conserved Water From IID and SDCWA, and to Change the Point of Diversion, Place of Use, and Purpose of Use under Permit 7643 issued on Application 7482 of Imperial Irrigation District.
- Order WRO 2002-0013 (superceded)
For background information concerning the proceedings related to these orders, please visit the Imperial Irrigation District - Long Term Transfer web page.
- Salton Sea Management Program
- Imperial Irrigation District - QSA Water Transfer
- Salton Sea Authority
- Salton Sea Ecosystem Restoration Program
- U.S. Bureau of Reclamation - Salton Sea
- Colorado River Basin Regional Water Board - Salton Sea
Questions or Comments
- Please contact Matt McCarthy at email@example.com or (916) 341-5310.