Water Rights Announcements
- Small Irrigation Use: Application Form for Registration now available
- Final Review of the Monterey Peninsula Water Supply Project
- Water Rights-Water Use Reports: Statements of Diversion and Use & Measuring Diversions
- Comprehensive Review of Bay-Delta Plan; Notice of Public Workshops & Request for Info
- Russian River Frost Protection Regulations
- Notice of Opportunity to Comment - Guidance for Complying with Water Diversion Measurement Requirements for Statement Holders (including the draft Statement Form)
- Water Rights Fees 2011-12 – Notice of Proposed Emergency Rule Making
- Upcoming Water Rights Fee Stakeholder Meeting - August 1, 2011
- Water Diversion Measurement - Notice of Public Workshop - July 21, 2011
- North Coast Instream Flow Policy Update Regarding New Applications for Onstream Dams
- Correction to Supplemental Statement Notice
- California Supreme Court Opinion in Water Right Fee Litigation
- The Division of Water Right's Records Unit Introduces a New Email Address for Scheduling Records Viewing Appointments and Reproduction Requests
- Russian River Frost Protection Public Notice
- Development of Flow Criteria for the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta Ecosystem Final Report
- Information Regarding Statements of Diversion and Use
- eWRIMS Online Reporting Available - effective February 16, 2010
- California Water Rights Newsletter
- San Joaquin River Flow and Southern Delta Salinity Project Timeline
- Statements of Water Diversion and Use
- Research Water Rights Topics
- Russian River-Frost Protection
- Important Drought Information
- Bay-Delta Water Quality Control Plan Periodic Review
- San Joaquin River Flow Objectives for the San Francisco/Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta Estuary
Beginning November 15, 2010, the Division of Water Rights Records Unit will be implementing a new, centralized email address for all records viewing appointments and reproduction requests.
To make an appointment to view records, please contact the Records Unit at (916) 341-5421 or email at: email@example.com.
The Division of Water Rights is in the process of scanning and posting copies of Statements of Water Diversion and Use (Statements) on its web page. Anyone who diverts or uses surface water is required to file a Statement with the State Water Board, unless the diversion and use is exempt from filing. Exemptions from filing are identified in Water Code section 5101.
You must know the number of the Statement that you are interested in to view it. If you do not know the number, you can look it up on the Water Rights database.
Due to budget restrictions, you cannot currently view the document from eWRIMS, but must use the index of Statements of Water Diversion and Use. The format for the index of Statements of Water Division and Use is SXXXXXX where XXXXXX is the six-digit number assigned to the Statement. Not all Statements are currently posted. More will be available as they are scanned. If you need to review a copy of a Statement that is not posted, please contact the Division of Water Rights at (916) 341-5421 to obtain a copy.
As a result of staffing reductions due to budget restrictions, the Division of Water Rights will no longer be able to conduct general research for the public.
If you are interested in a specific water right, please use the online eWRIMS database. You may search for water rights in our records using various search criteria. You will be able to view water right permits and licenses. You can also "download to Excel" to see more information regarding the water right.
If you require assistance researching an issue, you may choose to: (1) contact a consultant or attorney to conduct the research for you, (2) request that a copy of any of our files be sent to you at your cost, or (3) visit our file room and conduct the research. For your convenience, we have listed the contact information for some consultants and attorneys.