US Economic Development Administration Grant Opportunities
The U.S. Economic Development Administration (EDA), a bureau of the Department of Commerce, has announced grant opportunities for any federally declared disaster area in 2017. Projects must have some relationship to the disaster (direct or indirect).
EDA recently announced a new funding opportunity for disaster recovery project activities.
- No deadline for application
- Projects must be related to disaster declared counties
- $93,810,000 allocated for West coast
- $587 million available nationwide
On April 10, 2018, EDA released the Disaster Supplemental Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) with general policies and application procedures.
This document can be downloaded here: https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=302953
- Link to U.S. Department of Commerce Disaster Recovery Investment Priorities: https://www.eda.gov/about/investment-priorities/disaster-recovery/
- Link to April 10, 2018 Press Release, U.S. Department of Commerce Announces Availability of $587 Million to Aid Communities Impacted by Natural Disasters in 2017: https://www.eda.gov/news/press-releases/2018/04/10/2018-disaster-supplemental.htm
Subject to the availability of funds, this investment assistance will help communities and regions devise and implement long-term economic recovery strategies through a variety of non-construction and construction projects, as appropriate, to address economic challenges in areas where a Presidential declaration of a major disaster was issued under the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (42 U.S.C. § 5121 et seq.) (Stafford Act) as a result of Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, and of wildfires and other natural disasters occurring in calendar year 2017.
For more information, visit the EDA website: https://www.eda.gov/programs/disaster-recovery/2018-supplemental/
- Link to FAQs: https://www.eda.gov/files/programs/disaster-recovery/2018-supplemental/EDA-FY18-Disaster-NOFO-FAQ.pdf
Please read the FY 18 Disaster Supplemental Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) carefully for all of EDA's eligibility and program requirements under this announcement.
From the NOFO:
"EDA funds can be awarded to assist a wide variety of activities related to disaster recovery, including economic recovery strategic planning grants, and public works construction assistance. ... Through this program, EDA can support both the development of disaster recovery strategies and the implementation of recovery projects identified with those strategies, including infrastructure improvements and by capitalizing revolving loan funds (RLFs). ... EDA encourages the submission of applications based on long-term, regionally oriented, coordinated and collaborative economic development or redevelopment strategies that foster economic growth and resilience."
EDA is working on a webinar that should be ready the week of May 7 (details to follow).