- Tentative Resolution and Basin Plan Amendment (clean and redline versions)
- Substitute Environmental Document (clean and redline versions)
- Attachment A – Staff Report (clean and redline versions)
- Attachment B – Responses to Comments
- At the July 22, 2022 Regional Board meeting there were several interesting items discussed and the links to the presentations are below. Orange County Coastkeeper discussed trash in our waterways, Southern California Coastal Water Research Project discussed wastewater surveillance and the COVID-19 pandemic and the Santa Ana Water Board discussed Human Right to Water, Enforcement Priorities, upcoming workshops, and drought conservation regulations.
- A drought is a prolonged period of abnormally low rainfall leading to a shortage of water. California is experiencing a severe drought; the first two months of 2022 were the driest January and February in California history. Californians are adopting permanent changes to use water more wisely and preparing for frequent and persistent periods of limited water supply. Water Conservation is an effective way to reduce demand on water supplies throughout the state, such that the State Water Board has emergency regulations that pertain to water conservation. Also, did you know that conservation reduces the energy needed to pump, transport, treat and deliver water? Please visit the link below to learn more about conserving water, policies & laws, assistance & resources, and water conservation reports & results.
Water Conservation | California State Water Resources Control Board
- At the March 18, 2022 Regional Board meeting there were two interesting informational items and the links to the presentation are below. The City of Anaheim discussed their proposed stormwater credit project as authorized under the Municipal Separate Storm Sewer permit in Orange County (City of Anaheim- Stormwater Credit Project). The Santa Ana Watershed Project Authority discussed the results of their weather modification feasibility study and their proposed four-year pilot project (SAWPA- Weather Modification Study and Proposed Pilot Project).
COVID-19 - Water Boards’ response to COVID-19: Meeting information and remote participation; Compliance with requirements; Guidance for regulators and public; Service of process; Delivery/interruption of water; and more…
NOTICE OF DOCUMENT AVAILABILITY
The proposed Amendments, the proposed SED 2022 (including the Environmental Checklist and Analysis, the Staff Report 2022, and Responses to Comments documents) and Tentative Resolution No. R8-2022-0012 are now available on the Santa Ana Water Board FTP site or by request to Santa Ana Water Board staff at the Cu email address: RB8.CuTMDL@Waterboards.ca.gov.
The redline versions of the documents made available show revisions from the 2021 draft Amendments. The public notice will also be sent out via the Copper email list.
To sign up for the email list, to receive updates regarding TMDLs for Newport Bay, visit the following website and subscribe to the “TMDL Newport Bay Copper – Metals” list:
The link for the FTP site is: https://ftp.waterboards.ca.gov/WebInterface/login.html
The credentials are: