Division of Water Rights
Division of Water Rights COVID-19 Notice:
Due to the COVID-19 emergency and the Governor’s and Sacramento County’s orders to stay at home, the Division of Water Rights is significantly reducing the amount of staff located in the CalEPA building. As the Division of Water Rights implements alternative work arrangements, we will continue the majority of our Water Right efforts, but some Division services will be disrupted.
As of March 20, 2020, the Division of Water Rights Records Room and public window will be open by appointment only on Wednesdays and Fridays from 9AM to 4PM. Even during that time, the reviews should be only for essential matters and otherwise consistent with the Governor’s and Sacramento County’s travel limitations for essential services and functions.
If you wish to view Water Right files or drop off materials in person at the CalEPA building, please contact the Division of Water Rights at DWR@waterboards.ca.gov to schedule an appointment. The reduction of staff within the CalEPA building will unfortunately delay response times for requests received by the Division of Water Rights. We appreciate your patience and will continue to process all requests we receive. Please continue to contact the Division of Water Rights at DWR@waterboards.ca.gov, or (916) 341-5300, for all your water right requests and questions.
Water Rights Programs
- California-American Water Company Request to Change Order WR 2009-0060-DWR
- State Water Board Releases Merced River and Merced Falls Hydroelectric Projects Draft Water Quality Certification for Public Comment and associated Draft Water Quality Certification FAQs (6/17/2020)
- Coyote Valley Basin Aquifer Analysis (04/17/2020)
- Annual Water Rights Billing is Underway, and Fees are Due. The California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) mailed bills to all water rights holders on November 5, 2019 and payment is due by December 5, 2019. Bills can be paid online at: https://services.cdtfa.ca.gov/boe/login.jsp. (Note you will need the Express Login Code and the Account Number from your bill.) Fees can also be mailed directly to CDTFA. For more information refer to the frequently asked questions.
- September 23rd Public Listening Session on Water Resilience Portfolio: California State Agency Drought Preparation and Response
- Term 91 Notice of Immediate Curtailment (11/16/2018)
- Term 91 Curtailment in Effect (6/01/2018)
- Measurement Regulation Update No. 3: UC Cooperative Extension Training Class Schedules (4/20/2018)
- Measurement Regulation Update No. 2 (03/06/2018)
- Delta Informational Order Responses (02/20/2018)
- Login: IORR-FTP Password: AccessIORR
- More Announcements...