Division of Water Rights
Division of Water Rights COVID-19 Notice:
Due to the COVID-19 emergency and the Governor’s and Sacramento County’s orders to stay at home, the Division of Water Rights is significantly reducing the amount of staff located in the CalEPA building. As the Division of Water Rights implements alternative work arrangements, we will continue the majority of our Water Right efforts, but some Division services will be disrupted.
As of March 20, 2020, the Division of Water Rights Records Room and public window will be open by appointment only on Wednesdays and Fridays from 9AM to 4PM. Even during that time, record reviews should be only for essential matters and otherwise consistent with the Governor’s and Sacramento County’s travel limitations for essential services and functions.
If you wish to view Water Right files or drop off materials in person at the CalEPA building, please contact the Division of Water Rights at DWR@waterboards.ca.gov to schedule an appointment. The reduction of staff within the CalEPA building will unfortunately delay response times for requests received by the Division of Water Rights. We appreciate your patience and will continue to process all requests we receive. Please continue to contact the Division of Water Rights at DWR@waterboards.ca.gov, or (916) 341-5300, for all your water right requests and questions.
Water Rights Programs
- Notice of Staff Workshop and Opportunity for Public Comment on Water Unavailability Methodology for the Delta Watershed (05/12/2021)
- California-American Water Company Request to Change Order WR 2009-0060-DWR
- State Water Board Issues Informal Consultation Notice for the Phoenix Hydroelectric Project (5/04/2021)
- Public Workshop on Drought Planning Tools and Methodologies on April 16, 2021
- Continued dry conditions prompt early warning about potential water shortages
Water users urged to reduce and conserve (03/22/2021)
- State Water Board letter regarding Ongoing Dry Conditions in Most California Watersheds (03/22/2021)
- State Water Board Executive Director Issues Final Water Quality Certification for the Don Pedro Hydroelectric Project and La Grange Hydroelectric Project and associated Final Water Quality Certification FAQs (01/15/2021)
- More Announcements...