Non-Regulatory Updates to Chapters 2, 3, and 4 of the Basin Plan
On December 8, 2020, the San Diego Water Board adopted Resolution No. R9-2020-0254, to amend the Water Quality Control Plan for the San Diego Region (Basin Plan) to incorporate non-regulatory updates to Chapters 2, 3, and 4. This Basin Plan amendment was subsequently approved by the State Water Resources Control Board on April 20, 2021 and by the Office of Administrative Law (OAL) on September 1, 2021. Under state law, this Basin Plan amendment became fully effective on September 1, 2021, the date of OAL approval.
The changes to the Basin Plan do not constitute an activity which has a potential for resulting in either a direct physical change in the environment, or a reasonably foreseeable indirect physical change in the environment. Therefore, the amendment is not a “project” for purposes of CEQA and are therefore exempt from CEQA provisions. Likewise, the amendment is exempt from the State Water Board’s certified regulatory program requirements because those requirements do not apply if the Board determines that the activity is exempt from CEQA.
The Basin Plan is a dynamic, rather than fixed, document. It requires periodic updates to ensure that the information in it is current. Changes such as corrections, clarifications and general formatting are considered "nonregulatory" in nature. They do not change or impose any new requirements on the regulated community. These "nonregulatory" changes simply improve the overall readability and utility of the Basin Plan. Providing the public with user-friendly access to easily understood information is an essential component of the Practical Vision.
The updates contained in this Basin Plan amendment focus on Chapters 2,3, and 4 of the Basin Plan and include removing and/or updating outdated tables and text, identifying and incorporating applicable statewide regulations adopted by the State Water Board, adding hyperlinks to Resolutions, Plans and Policies, correcting typographical errors, and rearranging and renumbering tables.
Final Approved Documents.
- OAL Notice of Approval - approved by OAL on September 1, 2021. Please contact Ms. Michelle Santillan for a copy of this document
- Redline/strikeout of Chapter
- Final version of Chapter 2
- Redline/strikeout of Chapter 3
- Final version of Chapter 3
- Redline/strikeout of Chapter 4
- Final version of Chapter 4
April 20, 2021 State Water Board Meeting
- Resolution No. 2021-0013
- Board Meeting Agenda with Attachments
- Comment Letter - Escondido Neighbors United (February 25, 2021)
- Notice of Opportunity to Comment
December 8, 2020 San Diego Board Meeting
- Signed Resolution No. R9-2020-0254
- Final Staff Report
- Errata to Appendix B of Tentative Resolution No. R9-2020-0254
- Adopted Chapter 2 Updates
- Adopted Chapter 3 Updates
- Adopted Chapter 4 Updates
- Agenda Packet
- Notice of Public Hearing and Public Solicitation
- Draft Chapter 2 Updates
- Draft Chapter 3 Update
- Draft Chapter 4 Updates
March 5, 2020 San Diego Board Meeting