San Diego Region - Active Administrative Civil Liability Complaints
Below is a list of active administrative assessments of civil liability available for public comment.
- Notice of Written Comment Period for Tentative Stipulated Settlement Agreement No. R9-2020-0150. On July 8, 2020 the California Regional Water Quality Control Board, San Diego Region (San Diego Water Board) released Tentative Order No. R9-2020-0150, The Stipulated Order is a tentative settlement agreement between the City of San Diego and the San Diego Water Board's Prosecution Team to address liability associated with the violation of Order No. 2006-0003-DWQ, Statewide General Waste Discharge Requirements for Sanitary Sewer Systems and Order R9-2007-0005, Waste Discharge Requirements for Sewage Collection Agencies in the San Diego Region. The violations of the above Orders were a result of the City discharging 6,750,734 gallons of untreated sewage into Tecolote Creek, a water of the United States and tributary to Mission Bay from January 5, 2016 to January 10, 2016. Instructions on how to submit written comments, are available in the 30-day Notice below. All written comments are due by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, August 10, 2020. Questions and comments should be directed to Mr. Christopher Means by e-mail at Christopher.Means@waterboards.ca.gov.
- Notice of Written Comment Period for Tentative Settlement Offer/Stipulated Order No. R9-2020-0026 (6/3/2020). On January 23, 2020, the California Regional Water Quality Control Board, San Diego Region (San Diego Water Board) issued an Offer to Settle Administrative Civil Liability to Peltzer Family Cellars, L.L.C., to address penalties associated with violations of Order No. R9-2016-0004, General Waste Discharge Requirements for Dischargers from Commercial Agricultural Operations for Dischargers that are Members of a Third-Party Group in the San Diego Region (Third-Party General Order) or Order No. R9-2016-0005, General Waste Discharge Requirements for Dischargers from Commercial Agricultural Operations for Dischargers Not Participating in a Third-Party Group in the San Diego Region (Individual General Order). On April 30, 2020, Peltzer Family Cellars, L.L.C. accepted the San Diego Water Board offer and waived its right to a hearing. The San Diego Water Board is accepting written comments on tentative Settlement Offer No. R9-2020-0026 until 5 p.m. on July 3, 2020. The tentative Settlement Offer and instructions on how to submit comments are provided in the links below. Questions and comments should be directed to Mr. Jason DuMond by email at email@example.com.
- ACL Complaint No. R9-2020-0006 – Baldwin & Sons, Inc. et al., Portola Center South Construction Site, Orange County. On January 10, 2020, the San Diego Water Board Prosecution Team issued ACL Complaint No. R9-2020-0006 against Baldwin and Sons, et al., in the amount of $9,115,932 for violations of the statewide general NPDES permit for construction storm water discharges. The hearing tentatively scheduled for April 8, 2020, is postponed and will be rescheduled at a later date.
- Public Notice (January 10, 2020)
- ACL Complaint (January 10, 2020)
- Proposed Hearing Procedure (January 10, 2020)
- Orange County Coastkeeper Non-Evidentiary Policy Statement (February 24, 2020)
- Final Hearing Procedure (February 24, 2020)
- 30-Day Extension of Discovery Period (April 2, 2020)
For questions, or to view electronic copies of the supporting documents for this case, please contact: Mr. Frank Melbourn at (619) 521- 3372.
You may also visit the San Diego Water Board Meeting calendar for information about board meetings, upcoming public hearings, workshops, information items and other items being considered by the San Diego Water Board and associated comment periods