Public Records Requests
Access to Public Records
This Website contains key information needed to request access to inspect and obtain copies of public records maintained by the California Regional Water Quality Control Board, Santa Ana Region.
California Public Records Act Guidelines
Internet Access to Information
Before making a request to view public records in the Regional Board office you may wish to determine if the information is already available online. Many of the Regional Board's documents are available for viewing or downloading. Links to these documents are below:
- SMARTS - Information 2013 and newer can be found here. Provides a platform where dischargers, regulators, and the public can enter, manage, and view storm water data including permit registration documents, compliance, and monitoring data associated with California's Storm Water General Permits.
- GeoTracker- Information 2005 and newer can be found here. A database and geographic information system (GIS) that provides access to environmental data. It tracks regulatory data about leaking underground fuel tanks (LUFT), Department of Defense (DoD), Spills-Leaks-Investigations-Cleanups (SLIC) and Landfill sites. The database also contains information about public drinking water wells.
- CIWQS - California Integrated Water Quality System-is a computer system used by the State and Regional Water Quality Control Boards to track information about places of environmental interest, manage permits and other orders, track inspections, and manage violations and enforcement activities.
- Board Meeting Agendas, Agenda Items & Minutes
- Adopted Orders
- Santa Ana River Basin Water Quality Control Plan
- Additional Documents & Databases
Requests to View Public Records (File Review)
Should be specific, focused, and not interfere with the ordinary business operations. Should sufficiently describe records so that identification, location, and retrieval of the records can be achieved without undue burden.
Persons interested in reviewing or obtaining copies of public records are encouraged to make a file review appointment in advance. An appointment can be made by email, fax, telephone, or in person. Files may be reviewed at Santa Ana Regional Water Board office during weekdays from 8:300 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding holidays.
Contact information is below:
Santa Ana Regional Water Quality Control Board
Attention: File Review Request
3737 Main Street , Suite 500
Riverside, California 92501-3348
Phone (951) 782-4130
Fax (951) 781-6288