Santa Ana River Basin Plan
The 1995 Water Quality Control Plan for the Santa Ana River Basin (Region 8) was updated in February 2008, June 2011, and February 2016.
Important! Please review Notes about the February 2008, June 2011, February 2016 and June 2019 Basin Plan updates.
Acrobat Reader is required to view the document. A link to download Acrobat Reader is available below. Some chapters are large an may take a few minutes to load, please be patient.
2019-2022 Triennial Review - Adopted June 14, 2019
- Final Resolution Number R8-2019-0055 adopting the Triennial Review Priority List and Work Plan
- Final Staff Report
- 2019 Triennial Review Comments
- Lido Peninsula Company, LLC
- Lake Elsinore/Canyon Lake TMDL Task Force
- Middle Santa Ana River Task Force
- Basin Monitoring Program Task Force
- Orange County Public Works
- Irvine Ranch Water District (received 5/29/2019)
- San Bernardino Storm Water Program - Big Bear Lake (received 5/29/2019)
- San Bernardino Storm Water Program - Middle Santa Ana River TMDL (received 5/29/2019)
- Response to Comments June 7, 2019
- State Water Resources Control Board approval of the following Basin Plan Amendments (September 20, 2018)
- Basin Plan Amendment to Incorporate Total Maximum Daily Loads for Selenium in Freshwater: Newport Bay Watershed, Orange County, California
- Basin Plan Amendments to Revise Compliance Schedule for SHEL TMDL. OAL approval September 24, 2018
- Basin Plan Amendments to Revise Schedule for SHEL TMDL. EPA Approval October 12, 2018
Additional Basin Plan Information & Reports
Basin Plan Maps - Maps showing all water bodies listed in the Water Quality Control plan for the Santa Ana River Basin - Regional 8, also known as the Basin Plan (draft work product, to be used for informational purposes only).
Recomputation of Ambient Water Quality in the Santa Ana Watershed for the Period 1987 to 2006 -
Final Technical Memorandum (Basin Plan Amendment Required Monitoring and Analyses)
Amendments to the Basin Plan
Additional planning resources that have not been adopted into the Basin Plan
For additional information regarding the Basin Plan please contact Claudia Tenorio at (951) 782-4963