Do I Need a Permit? - What information is needed?
NPDES (National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System)
An applicant/discharger must provide the following information on the NPDES application forms:
- U.S. EPA identification number;
- Pollutant characteristics;
- Facility name, location, address, and contact name and phone number;
- NAISC codes (type of industry);
- Existing environmental permits;
- Topographic map showing facility features;
- Production, operation and discharge information specific to the type of facility.
WDRs (Waste Discharge Requirements)
An applicant discharger must provide the following information on the Report of Waste Discharge:
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of the owner(s) of the facility, the owner's authorized agent, and any lessee(s) of the facility;
- Description of the facility or activity, including whether the applicant proposes to increase or change an existing discharge or create a new one;
- Location of the operation by section, township, and range with a USGS 7.5 minute series topographic map attached;
- Description of the discharge by type, quality, quantity, interval, and method of discharge;
- Source of water that contributes to or transports the waste;
- Water flow and location map, identifying all discharge points; and
- Statement noting whether an environmental document has been or must be prepared and submitted in a timely manner.