Sector-Specific Scrap Metal Recycler NPDES Storm Water Permit
Sector-Specific Scrap Metal Recycler NPDES Storm Water Permit (Order No. R8-2018-0069)
The Sector-Specific General Permit for Storm Water Runoff Associated with Industrial Activities from Scrap Metal Recycling Facilities regulates storm water discharges and authorized non-storm water discharges from Scrap Metal Recycling Facilities. The Santa Ana Regional Water Quality Control Board implements and enforces the Scrap Metal Recycling Permit. Order No. R8-2018-0069 was adopted by the Regional Board on October 19, 2018 with an effective date of December 19, 2018.
2018 Sector Specific Permit Supporting Documents:
- 2020 Scrap Metal Permit SM-QSD/SM-QSP Exam Sessions and Certified Persons Trainings Updated!
- 2019 Certified Persons English and Spanish Training Schedule
- Certified Persons Training
- 2018 Scrap Metal Permit – SMARTS Recertification Help Guide
- Scrap Metal Qualified SWPPP Developer List
- Scrap Metal Qualified SWPPP Practitioner List
- SM-QSD/SM-QSP Certification Training
2012 Scrap Metal Permit and Permit Documents
- The Sector-Specific Scrap Metal Recycler NPDES Storm Water Permit, Order R8-2012-0012, NPDES Permit No. CAG618001 was adopted by the Regional Board on February 10, 2012. To view the 2012 permit, please contact Michelle Beckwith to request a copy.
- Scrap Metal Permit Ad Hoc Help Guide
- Simplified QAPP Template
Historic 2012 Permit Adoption Documents: