Sector-Specific Scrap Metal Recycler NPDES Storm Water Permit
Sector-Specific Scrap Metal Recycler NPDES Storm Water Permit (Order No. R8-2018-0069)
The Sector-Specific General Permit for Storm Water Runoff Associated with Industrial Activities from Scrap Metal Recycling Facilities regulates storm water discharges and authorized non-storm water discharges from Scrap Metal Recycling Facilities. The Santa Ana Regional Water Quality Control Board implements and enforces the Scrap Metal Recycling Permit. Order No. R8-2018-0069 was adopted by the Regional Board on October 19, 2018 with an effective date of December 19, 2018.
2018 Sector Specific Permit Documents:
- 2019 Certified Persons English and Spanish Training Schedule New!
- Certified Persons Training
- 2018 Scrap Metal Permit – SMARTS Recertification Help Guide
- Scrap Metal Qualified SWPPP Developer List
- Scrap Metal Qualified SWPPP Practitioner List
- 2018 Scrap Metal Permit Spanish Training & SM-QSD/SM-QSP Exam Session
- 2018-2019 Scrap Metal Qualified SWPPP Developer/Practitioner Exam Schedule
- 2018 Scrap Metal Permit Training & SM-QSD/SM-QSP Exam Sessions
- SM-QSD/SM-QSP Certification Training
2018 Permit Renewal:
- 2018 Scrap Metal Permit Order No. R8-2018-0069
- Errata Sheet for Scrap Metal Permit Public Hearing
- Written Comment on the Draft 2018 scrap metal permit: Received after August 6, 2018 – SA Recycling (10/15/2018)
- NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING FOR ADOPTION OF SCRAP METAL PERMIT – NPDES PERMIT NO. CAG618001
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the California Regional Water Quality Control Board, Santa Ana Region (Regional Board) will consider adoption of the Sector-Specific General Permit for Storm Water Runoff Associated with Industrial Activities from Scrap Metal Recycling Facilities within the Santa Ana Region, NPDES Permit No CAG618001. For more information, contact Christine Silken via email at Christine.Silken@waterboards.ca.gov or via phone at (951) 782-7961.
TENTATIVE ORDER NO. R8-2018-0069 – clean version (9/24/2018)
TENTATIVE ORDER NO. R8-2018-0069 – redline version (9/24/2018)
WRITTEN COMMENTS ON THE DRAFT 2018 SCRAP METAL PERMIT: The following are written comments received during the comment period ending on August 6, 2018.
- NOTICE OF OPPORTUNITY FOR PUBLIC COMMENT FOR THE DRAFT SCRAP METAL PERMIT
- May 29 and May 30, 2018 Permit Renewal Workshop Presentation
- 2018 Scrap Metal Permit Workshop Announcement
2012 Sector Specific Permit and Permit Documents:
- The Sector-Specific Scrap Metal Recycler NPDES Storm Water Permit, Order No. R8-2012-0012, NPDES Permit No. CAG618001 was adopted by the Regional Board on February 10, 2012.
- Revised Table 3 [New Methods and Minimum Limits]
- Scrap Metal Permit Ad Hoc Help Guide
- Simplified QAPP Template
Historic 2012 Permit Adoption Documents: