In keeping with California's commitment to provide meaningful public involvement in governmental decisions, the Central Valley Water Board receives public comments on many types of draft documents: Basin Plan amendments, draft permits and enforcement orders, site cleanup plans, California Environmental Quality Act documents, and more. This page contains links to public notices for projects currently in a public comment period. In addition, you will find links to pages containing support materials (staff reports, text of proposed orders, etc.) below the public notices. You may also visit the Board Meeting calendar for information about upcoming public hearings, workshops, information items and other items being considered by the Central Valley Water Board and associated comment periods.
- Board Meetings / Decisions Pending / Laws and Regulations
How to Participate, Laws & Regulations Relevant to Current Public Proceedings, Calendars, Agendas & Tentative Orders
- Public Notices by Topic
- Basin Plan Amendments and Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDLs)
- Central Valley Salinity Alternatives for Long-term Sustainability (CV-SALTS) - takes you to the CV-SALTS program page
- Climate Change in the Central Valley
- Confined Animal Facilities - takes you to the Confined Animal Facilities page
- Forest Activities Program
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)
- Oil Fields Issues - takes you to the Oil Fields Issues page
- Site Cleanup
- Underground Storage Tanks
- Water Quality Certification
- Press Releases page
Board Meetings / Decisions Pending / Laws & Regulations
- How To Participate
- Board Meeting - Calendars, Agendas and Minutes of Board Meetings
- Decisions Pending - Proposed (Tentative) Orders for Consideration by the Board
- Laws and Regulations Relevant to Current Public Proceedings
Basin Plan Amendments and Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDLs)
- State Water Board Meeting - Revised Notice of Opportunity to Comment (09/28/2017 - *11/13/2017)
The State Water Resources Control Board is currently accepting comments on Amendments to Establish a Region-wide Municipal and Domestic Supply (MUN) Beneficial Use Evaluation Process in Agriculturally Dominated Surface Water Bodies and to Remove the MUN Beneficial Use From 231 Constructed or Modified Ag Drains in the San Luis Canal Company District. The State Water Board is accepting written comments on the proposed Basin Plan Amendment. *Written Comment Period Extended Until 13 November 2017.
- Notice of Opportunity to Comment on the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation Draft Annual Work Plan for Fiscal Year 2018. The 30-day public comment period ends on 15 June 2017.
Climate Change in the Central Valley
- Notice of Public Comment for the Proposed Resolution Adopting the Central Valley Region Climate Change Work Plan
The following proposed Resolution will be considered for adoption by the Board at its December 7-8, 2017 meeting. Comments on the proposed Resolution will be accepted no later than 5:00 p.m. on November 30, 2017. You may submit your comments to RB5S-Climate-Change-Comments@waterboards.ca.gov.
- Notice of Public Comment for the Proposed Central Valley Region Climate Change Work Plan
The Central Valley Water Board's Climate Change Work Plan will be considered for adoption by the Board at its December 7-8, 2017 meeting. Comments on the Work Plan will be accepted through November 20, 2017. You may submit your comments to RB5S-Climate-Change-Comments@waterboards.ca.gov.
- For more information on Climate Change please see the Central Valley Region's Climate Change page.
Forest Activities Program
- Notice of 6 Public Meetings for Development of Nonpoint Source Permits on Federal Lands Managed by the United States Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management
The Lahontan Regional Water Quality Control Board (Lahontan Water Board) and Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board (Central Valley Water Board) are pursuing the development of nonpoint source permits to ensure regulatory compliance and water quality protection on United States Forest Service (USFS) and Bureau of Land Management (BLM) managed lands. Land management activities that may be regulated under the proposed permits include: timber harvesting and vegetation management; motorized and non-motorized recreation; range management, including grazing; stream crossing replacement and upgrades; fire suppression and repair; and road system management.
The Water Boards will be holding six initial outreach meetings to present information related to the development of the proposed permits and to gather feedback from the public. The same information will be presented at all meetings and public comments received at all meetings will be considered by both Water Boards.
NPDES - Notice of Public Outreach Meeting
- Proposed Application of Rotenone to High Elevation Surface Waters in the Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks
On 16 May 2017, Central Valley Water Board staff will be conducting a public outreach meeting at the Central Valley Water Board Fresno office. Staff from both the Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks and the Central Valley Water Board will present information on the proposed application of rotenone in the Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks and the process for issuing a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit for the discharge of rotenone.
Site Cleanup Program - Decisions Pending & Case Closures
- Public Notice - Mobil M-1 Crude Oil Pipeline, Tejon Ranch Property, Lebec, Kern Co. (02/07/2018 - 04/11/2018)
- Public Notice - Former Rockwell Facility, 914 West Pioneer Avenue, Porterville, Tulare Co. (02/06/2018 - 03/09/2018)
- Public Notice - Lakeland Dusters, 7124 Whitley Avenue, Corcoran, Kings Co. (02/05/2018 - 03/09/2018)
- Public Notice - Lamoure's Dry Cleaners, 3140 West Shaw Ave., Suite 111, Fresno, Fresno Co. (01/31/2018 - 03/02/2018)
- Public Notice - Star Robinson Lease, Kern Front Oil Field, Kern County (01/31/2018 - 03/02/2018)
- Public Notice - Castle Air Force Base Building 909 and Building 1550 Site Closures (01/26/2018 - 02/26/2018)
- Public Notice - Castle Air Force Base B65, B340, B1336, B1454, and B1530 Site Closures (01/26/2018 - 02/26/2018)
- Public Notice - 445 and 455 North J Street, Tulare, Tulare County (01/23/2018 - 02/23/2018)
- Public Notice - City of Los Banos Rails to Trails Arsenic Remedial Mitigations Project (01/15/2018 - 02/15/2018)
Underground Storage Tank - Decisions Pending & Case Closures
- Public Notice - Westside Grocery, 16553 Avenue 168, Woodville, Tulare Co. (02/20/2018 - 04/21/2018)
- Public Notice - Sierra Minit Mart #4, 23290 Avenue 95, Terra Bella, Tulare Co. (02/14/2018 - 04/16/2018)
- Public Notice - Orosi Mart & Deli, 12381 Avenue 416, Orosi, Tulare Co. (02/01/2018 - 04/02/2018)
- Public Notice - Darling & Durst, Inc., 12588 Avenue 416, Orosi, Tulare Co. (01/05/2018 - 03/06/2018)
- Public Notice - Cal-West Rain Facility, 4939 North Madera Avenue, Kerman, Fresno Co. (01/04/2018 - 03/05/2018)