In keeping with California's commitment to provide meaningful public involvement in governmental decisions, the Central Valley Water Board receives public comments on many types of draft documents: Basin Plan amendments, draft permits and enforcement orders, site cleanup plans, California Environmental Quality Act documents, and more. This page contains links to public notices for projects currently in a public comment period. In addition, you will find links to pages containing support materials (staff reports, text of proposed orders, etc.) below the public notices. You may also visit the Board Meeting calendar for information about upcoming public hearings, workshops, information items and other items being considered by the Central Valley Water Board and associated comment periods.
- Board Meetings / Decisions Pending / Laws and Regulations
How to Participate, Laws & Regulations Relevant to Current Public Proceedings, Calendars, Agendas & Tentative Orders
- Public Notices by Topic
- Press Releases page
Board Meetings / Decisions Pending / Laws & Regulations
- How To Participate
- Board Meeting - Calendars, Agendas and Minutes of Board Meetings
- Decisions Pending - Proposed (Tentative) Orders for Consideration by the Board
- Laws and Regulations Relevant to Current Public Proceedings
Basin Planning - Tribal Beneficial Uses Designations
The deadline to submit comments for the 2021 Triennial Review of the Central Valley Regional Water Quality Board's Basin Plans is 5:00 pm on 10 May 2021.
Concerning Development of Potential Amendments to the Water Quality Control Plans for Tribal Beneficial Use Designations
Compliance and Enforcement
- View Enforcement Orders on the State Water Boards' website
This link directs you to a searchable list of enforcement orders adopted by the nine Regional Water Quality Control Boards. This list is maintained by the State Water Resources Control Board. Note: Due to program-specific issues, not all enforcement orders are available on the State Board system.
- Beginning in June 2004, Central Valley Region enforcement orders are also posted within the Discharger-Specific Orders section on our Adopted Orders page
- Pending settlements and tentative Enforcement Orders can be found on our Tentative Orders page, alphabetically by county and discharger name.
Notice of Preparation and California Environmental Quality Act Scoping Meeting - 13 April 2021 - 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board (Central Valley Water Board) will conduct a California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) scoping meeting to solicit input regarding the scope and content of information to be included in the Environmental Impact Report (EIR) that will be prepared to assess the potential environmental effects of the proposed project, Waste Discharge Requirements for Nonpoint Source Discharges Related to Certain Activities Conducted by the Bureau of Land Management and United States Forest Service on Federal Lands (Federal NPS Permit). The Central Valley Water Board is the Lead Agency for the project.
- Notice of Preparation and California Environmental Quality Act Scoping Meeting:
English | Español | Hmong | Tagalog | Chinese
Scoping Meeting Format: The meeting will be held via the Zoom online platform and will include a presentation of the proposed Federal NPS permit concepts and a public comment period. Agencies and the public will have the opportunity to provide oral comments during the meeting.
How to Participate: The meeting will be held via the Zoom online platform. We encourage agencies and the public to provide comments during the meeting.
- To participate in this meeting via Zoom, click on https://waterboards.zoom.us/j/94312508221, Meeting ID: 943 1250 8221
- To participate by phone, call-in: +1 669 900 9128 enter Meeting ID: 943 1250 8221 when prompted.
Comment Period: Written comments can be submitted any time during the 45-day public comment period, from 12 March 2021 through 27 April 2021. Written comments can be submitted electronically to: RB5R-Fed.NPS.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Comment Letter – Central Valley Water Board Proposed Federal NPS Permit” in the subject line when submitting comments. Written comments can also be mailed to: Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board, Attention: Angela Wilson, 364 Knollcrest Dr. Suite 205, Redding, CA 96002
Site Cleanup Program - Decisions Pending & Case Closures
- Case No T10000011359, Southern California Edison, Former Exeter Substation, North E Street and Walnut Street, Exeter, Tulare County (7/16/2021-08/16/2021)
- Draft Remedial Action Plan, Landfill Area, Rough and Ready Island, Port of Stockton (07/02/2021- 08/02/2021)
- DTSC (Department of Toxic Substances Control) Notice of Public Comment Period Draft Remedial Action Plan Port Of Stockton Landfill Area Soil Remediation
- DTSC (Department of Toxic Substances Control) Notice of Public Comment Period Draft Remedial Action Plan Port Of Stockton Landfill Area Soil Remediation (Español)
Town of Paradise & City of Chico Sewer Regionalization Project Advisory Committee
Underground Storage Tank - Decisions Pending & Case Closures
- Case No. T0609907848, Quick N Save, 2330 Santa Fe Avenue, Hughson, Stanislaus County (08/10/2021 - 10/11/2021)
- Case No. T10000012036, M&K Properties, 231 & 235 Main Street, Chico, Butte County (07/16/2021 - 09/14/2021)
- Case No. T0606100171, Ken's Service Statiion, 13155 Lincoln Way, Auburn, Placer County (07/19/2021 - 09/14/2021)
- Case No. 5T10000813, Auberry Garage, 33246 Auberry Road, Auberry, Fresno County (06/10/2021 - 08/10/2021)
- Case No. T0609500344 Willis Property, 110 Porter St, Dixon, Solano County (06/14/2021 - 08/13/2021)
- Case No. T10000013064, Siboldi Residence, 5917 Castle Avenue, Dunsmuir, Siskiyou County (06/04/2021 - 08/04/2021)
- Case No. T0611300201, Pilot Travel Center No. 168 at 30035 County road 8, Dunnigan, Yolo County (06/14/2021 - 08/13/2021)
Water Quality Certification
(Page last updated 7/27/21)