Surface Water Ambient Monitoring Program (SWAMP)
- Lower American River Bacteria Study:
- Lower American River Draft E. coli Results Interactive Online Map
- Recreational Beneficial Use Assessments: Find the latest data and information on recreational water quality monitoring.
- California Harmful Algal Blooms Portal: Learn about harmful algal blooms (HABs) and see the latest incident reports and data.
The Surface Water Ambient Monitoring Program (SWAMP) is tasked with assessing water quality in all of California's surface waters. The program conducts monitoring directly and through collaborative partnerships, and provides numerous information products, all designed to support water resource management in California. Find out more on the overall program available resources at the State Water Board's SWAMP website, including:
- The SWAMP Mission
- SWAMP IQ: Information Management and Quality Assurance Center
- Statewide Monitoring Programs
- SWAMP Newsletter
- Clean Water Team - Citizen Monitoring Program
Water Quality Reports & Fact Sheets
- Central Valley SWAMP Water Quality Reports
- Historical Water Quality Reports (pre-2000)
- Additional SWAMP Reports
- Collaborative Trend Monitoring in the Upper Sacramento Watershed
- Central Valley Monitoring Directory
Data Access and Portals
- CEDEN: The California Environmental Data Exchange Network integrates data from SWAMP and other programs.
- Water Data Library: Provides access to water quality data collected by the Department of Water Resources. To download data from the Sacramento Watershed Coordinated Monitoring Program, go to Data by Station Group and select "SWCMP."
- 2018 Lower American River Draft E. coli Results Interactive Online Map
- My Water Quality Portals
Central Valley Regional SWAMP Activities
Summary of activities within each basin:
- Region-wide Activities
- Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta
- Sacramento River Basin
- San Joaquin River Basin
- Tulare Lake Basin
- Summary of Central Valley Water Board SWAMP Activities through 2006
- Overview of the Surface Water Ambient Monitoring Program
- Webinar on Central Valley SWAMP Activities (May 6, 2010)
Email Subscription List
Subscribe to the State Boards' Surface Water Ambient Monitoring Program (SWAMP) email list to receive notifications and updates.
- Region 5 Coordinator
- Web page problems: Webmaster5@waterboards.ca.gov