Surface Water Ambient Monitoring Program
The Surface Water Ambient Monitoring Program (SWAMP) is tasked with assessing water quality in all of California's surface waters. The program conducts monitoring directly and through collaborative partnerships, and provides numerous information products, all designed to support water resource management in California. Find out more on the overall program and statewide monitoring efforts at the State Water Board's SWAMP website, including:
Statewide SWAMP Monitoring and AssessmentSWAMP supports three statewide monitoring efforts:
- Bioaccumulation Monitoring Program
- Summary Table of Lakes Sampled in the Central Valley from the 2007-2008 Lake Study
- Map of Lakes Sampled in the Central Valley from the 2007-2008 Lake Study
- Bioassessment Monitoring Program
- Stream Pollution Trends Monitoring Program
- In 2011 SWAMP also released a summary report on Toxicity in California Waters that incorporated nine years of data collected by SWAMP and partner programs.
Central Valley Regional SWAMP Activities
- Program Fact Sheets
- Fiscal Year 15/16 Annual Report Video - Video will open in YouTube
- Webinar on Central Valley SWAMP Activities
Summary of activities within each basin:
- Regionwide Activities
- Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta
- Sacramento River Basin
- San Joaquin River Basin
- Tulare Lake Basin
- Summary of Central Valley Water Board SWAMP Activities through 2006
- Overview of the Surface Water Ambient Monitoring Program
- Annual Work Plans 2001 through 2004
Monitoring Information and Data:
- Central Valley Monitoring Directory: Access to program and metadata for current water quality monitoring efforts throughout the Central Valley.
- CEDEN: The California Environmental Data Exchange Network integrates data from SWAMP and other programs.
- Central Valley SWAMP Data: Access to draft monitoring data not yet available in CEDEN.
Subscribe to our SWAMP Program email list to receive notifications and the latest updates. After subscribing, you will need to check your email host for a confirmation email to complete the subscription.
Subscribe to our other email lists.