Delta Water Quality
Staff from the State Water Board and the Central Valley and San Francisco Bay Regional Water Boards (collectively Water Boards) formed the Bay-Delta Team to improve coordination of the Water Boards' activities in the San Francisco Bay and Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta (Bay-Delta). The Bay-Delta Team is charged with developing a short and long-term program for addressing impacts to beneficial uses of water in the Bay-Delta. In response to this charge, the Water Boards developed a 2008 Draft Strategic Work Plan for Activities in the San Francisco Bay/Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta Estuary (Strategic Work Plan). The 2008 Strategic Workplan had a project timeline of five years.
In 2013 the Strategic Workplan moved to a web-based format and in 2014 the Central Valley Region updated their Strategic Work Plan. Links to activities in the 2014 Central Valley Strategic Workplan are provided below.
Central Valley Region Bay-Delta 2014 Strategic Workplan Activities
- Low Dissolved Oxygen in the Stockton Ship Channel
- Delta Methyl Mercury Control Program
- Old and Middle River Dissolved Oxygen - Coming Soon!
- Delta Regional Monitoring Program
- Nutrient Research Plan
- Pyrethroid Basin Plan Amendment
- Recycling and Reuse of Wastewater - Coming Soon!
- Diuron Basin Plan Amendment
- Fungicides and Herbicides - Coming Soon!
For more information on the Bay-Delta Team:
Subscribe to our Delta Water Quality email list to receive notifications and the latest updates. After subscribing, you will need to check your email host for a confirmation email to complete the subscription.
Subscribe to our other email lists.
- Learn about the Bay-Delta Strategic Workplan projects at the San Francisco Regional Water Quality Control Board
- Learn about the Bay-Delta Strategic Workplan projects at the State Water Board