Confined Animal Facilities - Library (Reports and Programs)
To request a copy of documents listed on this page, please contact the Confined Animal Facilities Program Unit at RB5-CAF@waterboards.ca.gov.
Library (Reports and Programs)
- The Community Water Center conducted a study using data from the Central Valley Water Board's Dairy Program files regarding impacts to Disadvantaged Unincorporated Communities. A report of this study titled Assessing the Impact of Dairies on the Drinking Water of Disadvantaged Communities in the San Joaquin Valley was submitted to the Central Valley Water Board in June 2014. For any questions regarding this report, please contact the Community Water Center at www.communitywatercenter.org/ or (559) 733-0219.
- Managing Dairy Manure in the Central Valley of California
A report by the University of California Committee of Experts (formerly Committee of Consultants) under contract with the State Water Resources Control Board, which evaluates: dairy cow nitrogen and salt excretion rates; the distribution of solid and liquid manure at dairies; manure nitrogen losses after excretion; the appropriateness of using the Western Fertilizer Handbook to determine crop nitrogen requirements; potassium and phosphorus crop requirements; and reasonable salt loading rates to cropland.
- Review of Animal Waste Regulations
Three reports completed by Brown, Vence, and Associates for San Jose State University Foundation, under contract with State Water Resources Control Board, which provide: a review of the effectiveness of Title 27 of the California Code of Regulations to protect groundwater quality from confined animal facility waste discharges; a comparison of regulations designed to protect groundwater quality from releases at confined animal facilities; and an evaluation of alternative criteria to protect groundwater quality from releases at confined animal facilities.
- Task 2 Report - Evaluate Title 27 Effectiveness to Protect Groundwater Quality (October 2003)
- Cover and Table of Contents
- Executive Summary and Sections 1 - 6
- Task 3 Report - Comparison of Regulations Designed to Protect Groundwater Quality From Releases of Confined Animal Facilities (February 2004)
- Task 3 Report
- Task 4 Report - Evaluation of Alternative Confined Animal Facilities Criteria to Protect Groundwater Quality From Releases (November 2004)
- Table of Contents
- Sections 1 - 6
- Appendix A
- Appendix B