Central Valley TMDL Projects
Lower American River Watershed Methylmercury TMDL and Basin Plan Amendment
Documents on this page are available upon request. To request a copy please contact Lauren Smitherman at Lauren.Smitherman@waterboards.ca.gov or (916) 464-4668.
- 13 April 2011 Stakeholder Meeting
- 17 March 2011 Stakeholder Meeting
- 17 February 2011 Stakeholder Meeting
- Agenda topics included numeric targets and water quality objectives, fisheries management, and Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDL) strategies.
- 11 January 2011 Stakeholder Meeting
- Agenda topics included TMDL and Basin Plan Amendment (BPA) background, data availability, and source analysis strategies.
- 16 & 17 November 2010 Stakeholder Meeting
- Board staff held meetings to introduce the Lower American River Watershed Methylmercury TMDL to stakeholders on November 16, 2010 in Placerville and November 17, 2010 in Auburn.
- 27 September 2010 Bay-Delta Science Conference
- Board staff presented a poster providing information about the Lower American River Watershed Methylmercury TMDL at the Bay-Delta Science Conference.
- 16 September 2010 Stakeholder Meeting
- Agenda topics included a presentation of Guiding Principles and the Straw Proposal.
- 12 August 2010 Stakeholder Meeting
- Agenda topics included a presentation of the inorganic mercury and methylmercury sources in the watersheds and potential fish tissue targets.
CEQA Scoping Meeting
- 28 July 2011 CEQA Scoping Meeting - Cancelled on 15 July 2011
- 8 July 2010 CEQA Scoping Meeting
- A CEQA Scoping Meeting/Public Workshop was held at on 8 July 2010 at the Central Valley Water Board in Rancho Cordova.
- Lower American River Watershed Mercury TMDL Information Sheet
- Lower American River Watershed Fish Mercury Data Compilation
(Page last updated 3/19/21)
Water is a precious resource in California, and maintaining its quality is of utmost importance to safeguard the health of the public and the environment.
Statewide CampaignsEPA Water Sense
Report an Environmental Concern
Save Our Water
Register to Vote
Quick LinksEx Parte Communications
Make a Payment
Help / Business Help
Do I Need a Permit?
What We Do
Central Valley Region Brochure
Data & Databases
Language Access Complaint
Publications & Forms
Queja de Acceso al Idioma