The Enforcement Program's primary responsibilities are:
- Evaluating and prioritizing violations of water quality protection laws, regulations, and permits.
- Effectively initiating and following through on enforcement actions/strategies intended to reestablish compliance, to address environmental damage, and to deter future violations.
- To coordinate with other Regional Water Boards and the State Water Board in pursuing multi-region or state-wide enforcement actions; and to improve enforcement consistency and effectiveness.
These actions are conducted under federal and state law, and the State Water Board's Water Quality Enforcement Policy, with one allocated position and with resources from other programs.
The Enforcement Fact Sheet provides more information on the Goals, Types of Enforcement Actions, Accomplishments, Performance Targets for the current year and following year.
Current Enforcement Cases
- Tahoe Keys Marina MMP
- Amended CAO for Desert View Dairy, Hinkley, San Bernardino County
- Lake Tahoe Laundry Works CAO
- Administrative Civil Liability Complaint for the City of Victorville for Multiple Sewer Overflows and for Violations of its Sanitary Sewer Overflow Permit
Recent Enforcement Cases
- Aramark-Tahoe Queen, South Lake Tahoe, El Dorado County, Revised Administrative Civil Liability Complaint No. R6T-2016-0008
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife Fish Springs Fish Hatchery MMP
- Green Valley Foods Products Inc. Stipulated Agreement for Replacement Water
- Meeks Bay Proposed Stipulated Agreement
- Lakeside Marina MMP
- Meeks Bay Marina Proposed Settlement
- Sierra Boat Company MMP
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife Mojave River Fish Hatchery MMP
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife Hot Creek Hatchery MMP
- Current Enforcement Cases for Crystal Geyser Olancha
- CALTRANS Sheep Creek CAO-San Bernardino County
- Sheila M. Miner, Spalding Tract Subdivision, Eagle Lake, Lassen County – Administrative Civil Liability Complaint No. R6T-2015-0058
- City of Los Angeles Department of Water and Power, Lee Vining Creek Diversion Structure - Proposed Settlement Agreement and Stipulation for Entry of Order
Water Code Sections 13225(k) and 13323(e) Enforcement Activity Summary Reports
As of January 1, 2007, the Regional Water Boards are publishing quarterly reports related to all enforcement activities from information collected in our data system. We are also providing information for administrative civil liability actions related to the initial assessment of the civil liability, the final assessment of civil liability, and whether a hearing was waived.
Enforcement Activity Summary Reports2016
- 2016 January 1 - December 31
- 2015 January 1 - December 31 | 2014 January 1 - September 30 | 2013 January 1 - December 31 | 2012 January 1 - December 31 | 2011 January 1 - December 31
2010 January 1 - December 31 | 2009 January 1 - December 31 | 2008 January 1 - December 31 | 2007 January 1 - December 31
In addition to the summary information provided by these quarterly reports, access to enforcement information on a real-time basis is available. This information can be accessed from the State Water Resources Control Board’s Website and links below.
Supplemental Environmental Projects – Information, Current SEP List, Form to Submit New SEP Proposal
Proposed settlements of Administrative Civil Liability (ACL) Complaints may include a supplemental environmental project (SEP) to offset a portion of the total liability. When a proposed settlement includes a SEP, the SEP is included in an ACL Order that is presented to the Water Board at a public hearing. The Water Board can either accept or reject the ACL Order as proposed with the SEP.
Below are links that provide: (1) general information about SEPs, (2) specific information about SEPs that have been accepted by the Lahontan Water Board and are in progress or have been completed, and (3) instructions about how to submit a project proposal for inclusion on the Lahontan Water Board's SEP List.
Additional SEP Information
- State Board's Policy on SEPs – Adopted February 3, 2009
- SEP Fact Sheet – Provides basic information about SEPs in a Q&A format.
- List of Potential SEPs for the Lahontan Water Board – Provides a list of potential SEP Projects. This list is updated on an as needed basis as new SEP proposals are submitted to the Lahontan Water Board.
- SEP Catalog for the Lahontan Water Board – Provides a list of on-going or completed SEP Projects for the Lahontan Region. Additional Information (Fact Sheet, Site Map and Final Report, etc.) is provided if available within the project details.
- SEP Form – A form that provides the required fields that must be filled out by public or private parties interested in submitting a SEP proposal to the Lahontan Water Board.
- Additional SEP Criteria – Provides a list of additional criteria that shall be evaluated by the Lahontan Water Board during final SEP approval.
- Lahontan Water Board Supplemental Environmental Policy – The Lahontan Water Board apprroved adoption of this policy at its February 12-13, 2014 meeting in South Lake Tahoe.
- Proposed Resolution Authorizing the Lahontan Water Board Supplemental Environmental Project Endowment Fund Pilot Project Agreement with the Truckee River Watershed Council
- Partner Organizations