Board Meeting Audio for July 2007
8:30 a.m., Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Yreka Community Center
810 N. Oregon Street
Yreka, CA 96097
8:30 a.m., Thursday, July 26, 2007
Tour of Shasta and Scott River Valleys
Bus Boarding Location
Best Western Tree House Motor Inn
111 Morgan Way
Mt. Shasta, CA 96067
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call and Introductions
- Board Member Ex Parte Communication Disclosure - Board Members will identify any discussions they may have had requiring disclosure pursuant to Government Code section 11430.50.
- State Board Liaison's, Board Chair's, Board Members' and Executive Officer's Reports: These items are for Board discussion only. No public testimony will be allowed, and the Board will take no formal action.
- Public Forum – Time will be reserved for the general public to address the Board on any matter within the Board’s jurisdiction, excluding those items on the agenda. The Board Chair may limit the public forum to thirty (30) minutes initially, and continue any remaining appearances beyond the thirty (30) minutes at the end of the regularly scheduled business of the day. The Board Chair requests that each person addressing the Board limit their presentation to three (3) minutes.
- Approval of Meeting Minutes: June 2007
- PUBLIC HEARING Order No. R1-2007-0042, to consider adoption of an administrative civil liability order acknowledging penalty payment and specifying a compliance project to satisfy Administrative Civil Liability Complaint No. R1-2007-0020 issued on March 1, 2007 for violations of Waste Discharge Requirements Order Nos. R1-2000-15 and R1-2006-0021 adopted for City of Rio Dell, Wastewater Treatment Facility, Humboldt County, WDID NO. 1B83134OHUM. (Nancy Negley)
- PUBLIC HEARING Order No. R1-2007-0045, to consider adoption of an administrative civil liability order acknowledging penalty payment and specifying a compliance project to satisfy Administrative Civil Liability Complaint No. R1-2006-0070 issued on June 21, 2006 for violations of Waste Discharge Requirements Order Nos. 99-62 and R1-2004-0075 adopted for City of Tulelake, Wastewater Treatment Facility, Siskiyou County, WDID NO. 1B84002OSIS. (Manuel Baldenegro)
- PUBLIC HEARING on Resolution No. R1-2007-0058, regarding a petition, submitted by Felice Pace, requesting the Regional Water Board to order the Montague Irrigation District, operator of Dwinnell Reservoir to submit a report of waste discharge and/or to issue waste discharge requirements. (Catherine Kuhlman and Samantha Olson)
Audio file for item 4
item 4 part 2
Petition for Action
- Consider a petition submitted by Klamath Riverkeeper requesting that the Regional Water Board act to reissue the NPDES permit for the Iron Gate Hatchery in Siskiyou County, owned by PacifiCorp, and operated by the California Department of Fish and Game. The Regional Water Board will hear comments/argument and consider a motion directing staff to prepare a resolution or order for adoption at the September 2007 Board meeting. (Catherine Kuhlman and Samantha Olson)
Audio file for item 5
Workshops will be heard after 2:00 p.m.
- Public Workshop on the Regionwide Amendment to Control Excess Sediment (Holly Lundborg)
Audio file for item 6
- Public Workshop for the 2007 Triennial Review of the Water Quality Control Plan for the North Coast Region (Lauren Clyde)
Audio file for item 7
- This item will be heard following Item 5. It will not be heard earlier than 1:00 P.M.
Scott and Shasta TMDL Implementation Status (Andy Baker and Bryan McFadin)
Audio file for item 8
- Executive Officer’s Report (Catherine Kuhlman)
- Consider direction to staff to seek funding for satellite offices in Yreka and Eureka (Catherine Kuhlman)
- Board Member Requests for Future Agenda Items (Catherine Kuhlman)
- Status of 303(d)/305(b) Integrated Report Update Process – Written Update (Bruce Gwynne)
- Other Items of Interest
Audio file for items 9, 10, 12, 13