Public Notices - Decisions Pending and Opportunities for Public Participation
In keeping with California's commitment to provide meaningful public involvement in governmental decisions, the North Coast Regional Water Board receives public comments on many types of draft documents: Basin Plan amendments, draft permits and enforcement orders, site cleanup plans, California Environmental Quality Act documents, and more. This page contains links to public notices for projects currently in a public comment period. You may also visit the Board Meeting calendar for information about upcoming public hearings, workshops, information items and other items being considered by the North Coast Regional Water Board and associated comment periods.
- Cleanups - No Further Action, Proposed corrective actions related to cleanups from spills, leaks, and other hazardous substance discharges, including releases from underground storage tanks
- Consideration, Notices of , to provide coverage under Waste Discharge Requirements, National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permits, including general permit enrollments
- Corrective Action Plans, Proposed
- Santa Rosa Nutrient Offset Program, Notices and related Documents
- Remedial Action Plans, Proposed
- Settlement, Notice of Proposed, Pending actions regarding Administrative Civil Liability Complaints
- Water Quality Certifications
- Enforcement Actions, Public Hearings related to
Administrative Civil Liability Complaints, Administrative Civil Liability Orders,
Cease and Desist Orders, and Time Schedule Orders
- NPDES Permits, Waste Discharge Requirements, and Waivers, Public Hearings related to
Notice of Dairy Regulation Public Scoping Meeting
For New Waste Discharge Requirements for Dairies in the North Coast Region
NOTICE OF PUBLIC WORKSHOP AND OPPORTUNITY TO COMMENT
RENEWAL OF THE CONDITIONAL WAIVERS OF WASTE DISCHARGE REQUIREMENTS FOR DISCHARGES RELATED TO SPECIFIC LAND MANAGEMENT ACTIVITIES IN THE SHASTA AND SCOTT RIVER WATERSHEDS, NORTH COAST REGION
Notice of Public Workshop and Opportunity to Comment
Draft Water Quality Trading Framework for the Laguna de Santa Rosa Watershed, to be Approved by Resolution of the Regional Water Board
Total Maximum Daily Loads
How to Participate
- Cal/EPA Live Webcasts
- Appeals Process and Petition for Reconsideration
- Citizen's Guide to Working with the California Water Boards
Laws and Regulations Relevant to Current Public Proceedings
- California Water Code
The official Water Code on the California Legislative Counsel Website
- California Health & Safety Code
The official Health & Safety Code on the California Legislative Counsel Website, which contains provisions relating to underground storage tanks.
The State Water Board also maintains compilations of various laws relevant to different areas of the water boards’ responsibilities. While every effort is made to ensure these compilations are accurate and up-to-date, you should consult the official version of the California Code or the United States Code if in doubt.
- Statutory Water Rights Laws - effective January 1, 2011
California Water Code (particularly Division 2) and other California Code sections relevant to water rights
- Porter-Cologne Water Quality Control Act - effective January 1, 2013
Excerpts of California Water Code, Division 7 (Water Quality)
- Federal Clean Water Act - Title 33, U.S.C. sections 1251 and following
- Title 40 of the Code of Federal Regulations - Code of Federal Regulations, Title 40 (Protection of the Environment) maintained by the Government Printing Office
California Code of Regulations
- California Code of Regulations
The entire California Code of Regulations maintained by the California Office of Administrative Law (OAL)
- Title 23. Waters
Title 23 (Waters) of the California Code of Regulations on the OAL Website
- Amendments to California Code of Regulations, Title 23, Division 3, Chapter 27 (commencing with section 3720) were adopted by the State Water Board on November 16, 2010, approved by the Office of Administrative Law on January 19, 2011, and are effective on February 18, 2011.
- Final Approved Regulations
- Final Approved Regulations (Comparison)
- Title 27. Environmental Protection
Title 27 (Environmental Protection), Division 2, Subdivision 1 (Consolidated Regulations or Treatment, Storage, Processing or Disposal of Solid Waste) of the California Code of Regulations on the OAL Website
- Plans and Policies
Water Quality Control Plans (Basin Plans) and State Policies for Water Quality Control have the legal force and effect of regulation.
The State Water Board also maintains compilations of regulations in different areas of the water boards’ responsibilities. While every effort is made to ensure these compilations are accurate and up-to-date, you should consult the official California Code of Regulations if in doubt.
- Title 23. Waters (Division 3) - Portions Pertaining to Water Rights - effective January 1, 2011
Excerpts of the portions of Title 23 (Waters) of the California Code of Regulations pertaining to water rights laws and proceedings.
- Title 23. Waters (Division 3) - Meeting Regulations
Excerpts of the portions of Title 23 (Waters) of the California Code of Regulations pertaining to meetings before the water boards.
Laws and Regulations Applicable to the Conduct of Board Meetings and Adjudicative Proceedings
- Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act - effective January 1, 2011
- Administrative Adjudication Statutes - effective January 1, 2011
- Water Boards' Meeting Regulations - effective January 1, 2008
- Question and Answer Document on Adjudicative Proceedings
Water Quality Petitions
- Water Quality Petitions Web Page
Includes instructions for filing water quality petitions and opportunity to download electronic versions of water quality petitions are now available at the Water Quality Petitions webpage.
- Ex Parte Communications Questions and Answers
- Ex Parte Communication Disclosure Form for General Orders - January 18, 2013