Annual Irrigated Lands Permit Fees
Growers must pay an annual permit fee to the State Water Resources Control Board (State Water Board) in compliance with the fee schedule contained in Title 23 California Code of Regulations - Agricultural and Irrigated Lands Fee Schedule. This fee does not include the costs of monitoring and reporting that is required by the Agricultural Order.
- How to make a State Water Board Payment (English | Español | 中文)
- How to Complete and Submit a Limited Resource Farmer Self-Determination Tool Assessment (English | Español | 中文)
Third-Party Program Members (Reduced-Rate Annual Permit Fees)
Central Coast Water Quality Preservation, Inc. (Preservation, Inc.) is approved to offer a reduced-rate annual permit fee to their members and collect State Water Board annual permit fees on behalf of members.
Reduced rate fees collect by Preservation, Inc. align with the State Water Board’s Fiscal year as described in the following section.
Growers must pay the invoice that Preservation, Inc. sends to them for a reduced-rate annual permit fee. Failure to pay Preservation, Inc. requires growers to immediately comply with individual monitoring and reporting requirements and pay increased-rate annual permit fees directly to the State Water Board.
Individual Growers (Increased-Rate Annual Permit Fees)
Growers that choose to comply with requirements individually or fail to pay reduced-rate annual permit fees to Preservation, Inc. must immediately comply with individual monitoring and reporting requirements and pay increased-rate annual permit fees directly to the State Water Board. These increased-rate annual permit fees can be significantly greater than the reduced-rate annual permit fees that Preservation, Inc. members pay.
The State Water Board’s Fiscal Year is from July 1 to June 30 (e.g. July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023).
For Growers that Receive an Invoice from the State Water Board for Increased-Rate Annual Permit Fees
- Pay the invoice. This can be accomplished at:
Make a Payment | California State Water Board
- Individual requirements immediately apply, and monitoring and reporting must be conducted individually (e.g., surface water quality monitoring and reporting, groundwater quality monitoring and report, etc.).
For more information, contact Irrigated Lands Program staff directly at (805) 549-3148 or AgNOI@waterboards.ca.gov.
For Inquiries Related to a State Water Board Invoice
If you believe that you were issued a State Water Board invoice for increased-rate annual permit fees in error, please contact Irrigated Lands Program staff directly at (805) 549-3148 or AgNOI@waterboards.ca.gov.
The following reasons will not qualify growers for cancellation of a State Water Board issued invoice or referral back to Preservation, Inc. to pay reduced annual permit fees:
- Preservation, Inc. accepted late payment(s) from growers (State Water Board invoices will not be cancelled due to late payment to Preservation, Inc.).
- Preservation, Inc. made an error in billing or not billing a grower for reduced-rate annual permit fees.
- Grower did not receive an invoice from Preservation, Inc. prior to receiving a State Water Board invoice.
- Grower did not terminate their enrollment (GeoTracker eNOI), as required.
- Grower did not update their contact information on their GeoTracker eNOI, as required.