Pesticide Water Quality Criteria Development
UC Davis Imidacloprid Water Quality Criteria
The Central Coast Water Board contracted with the University of California Davis (UC Davis) to derive water quality criteria for the insecticide imidacloprid. UC Davis developed the methodology used to derive water quality criteria for pesticides under a previous contract managed by the Central Valley Water Board. The UC Davis methodology has been used to derive the criteria for fourteen other pesticides. Links to the methodology and other pesticide criteria derivation reports are available at the Central Valley Water Board website.
- Water Quality Criteria Report for Imidacloprid – This final project report describes the acute and chronic water quality criteria derived by UC Davis for the insecticide imidacloprid
- Responses to Public Comments and Peer Reviews – This document contains the public comments and peer review comments of the Draft Imidacloprid Criteria Technical Report as well as the UC Davis responses to those comments.
Scientific Peer Reviews
- Peer Review Request for Imidacloprid Criteria Report
- Christian H. Krupke, Ph.D., Purdue University
- Francisco Sánchez-Bayo, Ph.D., The University of Sydney, Australia
- Els Smit, Ph.D., National Institute of Public Health and the Environment, Centre for Safety of Substances and Products, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
- Paul J. Van den Brink, Ph.D., Aquatic Ecology and Water Quality Management Group, Wageningen University, The Netherlands
- Draft Imidacloprid Criteria Technical Report – This draft technical report describes the water quality criteria derived for the insecticide imidacloprid.
- Notice of Opportunity for Public Comment – The public comment period was from January 25, 3019 to February 25, 2019.
Please direct questions about the pesticide water quality criteria to Peter Meertens, Environmental Scientist, at (805)549-3869 or Peter.Meertens@waterboards.ca.gov.
To be notified of updates and meetings please subscribe to the Pesticide Water Quality Criteria Development subscription list.