Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta
The Delta Methylmercury Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) was adopted by the Regional Board on 22 April 2010. It was approved by the State Water Resources Control Board and the California Office of Administrative Law. Final approval by the U.S. EPA was received on 20 October 2011. The TMDL was adopted as a Basin Plan Amendment and includes a control program to reduce methylmercury and inorganic mercury in the Delta.
Public Meetings and Workshops
- Delta Mercury Control Program and Total Maximum Daily Load Review, CEQA Scoping Meeting and Public Workshop Notice (24 February 2021)
- Delta Methylmercury Stakeholder Workshop for Control Study Entities (10 September 2020)
- Workshop Agenda
- Presentation Slides
- Control Strudy Summaries
- Meeting Notes
Phase I Methylmercury Characterization and Control Studies
The first phase of the Delta Mercury Control Program required discharging entities to develop characterization and control studies to evaluate approaches for managing methylmercury.
- Phase 1 Methylmercury Characterization and Control Study Final Reports are listed on the Archived Documents webpage.
The Central Valley Water Board requested the Delta Science Program coordinate and conduct an independent review of these studies to assess the scientific validity of methods, analyses, and conclusions.
- The Final Independent Scientific Reports are available below:
- Independent Scientific Review Panel's review of Municipal Wastewater and Urban Stormwater control studies (Part 1).
- NEW - Independent Scientific Review Panel's review of Tidal Wetlands and Open Water Habitat Final Reports (Part 2).
- The Independent Scientific Review Panel's Charge, Tidal Wetlands and Open Water Habitat Final Reports, and other associated documents are available on the Delta Stewardship Council's Delta Science Program's Independent Scientific Review of the Delta Mercury Control Program Phase 1 webpage.
Subscribe to our Delta Mercury TMDL email list to receive notifications and the latest updates. After subscribing, you will need to check your email host for a confirmation email to complete the subscription.
Subscribe to our other email lists.