Racial Equity at the Water Boards
State Water Board’s Racial Equity Action Plan
The State Water Board adopted the Racial Equity Resolution in November 2021, which directed staff to develop a plan of action to advance racial equity within the Water Boards. The Racial Equity Team released a draft of the plan for consideration during public workshops in summer 2022 and has now revised the plan with feedback received from the workshops, the fall 2022 public comment period, and the comments of Water Board employees. The State Water Board’s Racial Equity Action Plan is a compilation of goals, actions, and metrics intended to advance efforts to create a future where we equitably preserve, enhance, and restore California’s water resources and drinking water for all Californians, regardless of race, and where Water Board employees reflect the racial and ethnic diversity of California.
The Racial Equity Action Plan was presented to the State Water Board as an informational item at the Board Meeting on January 18, 2023.
- Racial Equity Action Plan
- Plan de Acción para la Equidad Racial
- Redline comparison between Sept. 2022 and Jan. 2023 action plan versions
- Versiones de Sept. 2022 y de En. 2023 del plan de acción con los cambios marcados en rojo
- Racial Equity Action Plan Presentation Slides
- Diapositivas de la Presentación del Plan de Acción para la Equidad Racial