SAFER Drinking Water
Welcome to the SAFER Drinking Water Site
California’s Human Right to Water law declares that “every human being has the right to safe, clean, affordable, and accessible water adequate for human consumption, cooking, and sanitary purposes.”
Using short- and long-term strategies, SAFER is designed to ensure Californians who lack safe, adequate, and affordable drinking water receive it as quickly as possible, and that the water systems serving them establish sustainable solutions. In doing so, SAFER minimizes the disproportionate environmental burdens experienced by some communities and advances justice for people of all incomes, races, and cultures.
I am looking for...
- About SAFER
- Drinking Water Needs Assessment
- Sustainable Drinking Water Solutions
- Engagement Unit
- Partnerships and Consolidations
- Point of Use/Point of Entry Treatment
- *NEW/NUEVO* Point-of-Use / Point-of-Entry Report
- Technical Assistance (TA)
- Outreach and Engagement
- County-wide and Regional Funding Programs
- Water Debt Relief (Arrearage Payment Program)
- Application Process
- Fund Expenditure Plan FY 2021-22
- Fund Expenditure Policy
- Division of Financial Assistance Statewide and Regional SAFER Programs
- Advisory Group
- Maps and Data
Email Subscription Topic
To receive updates on the SAFER Program, subscribe to the SAFER Drinking Water email topic.
- Email: SAFER@waterboards.ca.gov
- Phone: (916) 445-5615
Language Access Services
The Office of Public Participation provides interpretation and translation services in any language at no cost to you.
- Language interpretation services for public meetings, workshops, and individual meetings with staff.
- Written translation of documents such as meeting flyers, public notices, fact sheets, executive summaries, and more.
- Support for a language access complaint if a Water Boards program did not provide or denied language services.
To request these services, click on the button below to open the language access form.
The form is available in English, Español (Spanish), Tagalog, 中文 (Simplified Chinese), 한국인 (Korean), Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese), ਪੰਜਾਬੀ (Punjabi).