Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (ELAP)
MISSION: To implement a sustainable accreditation program that ensures laboratories generate environmental and public health data of known, consistent, and documented quality to meet stakeholder needs.
VISION: Through effective program implementation and continuous improvement of ELAP, California will utilize the highest quality scientific data as a foundation for its environmental and public health programs and decisions.
Important News – Be In the Know!
- New! ELAP releases new Timeline Guidance Tool - February 10, 2022
- Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board seeks laboratory participation in method development efforts – September 24, 2021
- 2016 TNI Standard read-only copy now permanently available. To access the documents, enter the password: T6E79WS
- Sacramento Superior Court upholds the ELAP regulations
- ELAP Fee Notices will now be sent electronically! – August 30, 2021
- Information about Proficiency Testing Requirements – May 19, 2021
- Information about Laboratory Personnel Requirements in the New Regulation – May 5, 2021
- Information and Reminders about Renewal Applications – April 20, 2021
- Information on the new CA ELAP Fees – April 15, 2021
- Sign up for the TNI Documentation Workshop!
Who we are, what we do, and the latest news. Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (ELAP) program information, announcements, and an events calendar.
Application forms, Fields of Accreditation Tables, and fee information.
Resources to help ELAP laboratories comply with regulations that went into effect on January 1, 2021.
Guidance on proficiency testing (PT) requirements and tools to help you create a plan for your laboratory.
Information about laboratory assessments by ELAP and third-party assessment (TPA) agencies.
Enforcement advisories and historical enforcement actions against accredited laboratories.
Our advisory committee provides scientific advice to ELAP and the California regulatory agencies that use data from accredited laboratories.
Links to current ELAP laws and regulations.
A list of FAQs to answer all your important questions.
All the forms and checklists you need in one place.
Get in touch with ELAP.
Subscribe to our ELAP email list to receive notifications and the latest updates. After subscribing, you will need to check your email host for a confirmation email to complete the subscription.
Map of Accredited Laboratories
- LOOKING FOR A LAB?
Search our Geographic Information System (GIS) Map to find ELAP-accredited laboratories.
2022 California ELAP Conference
- For details and registration information, please visit the ELAP Conference Webpage.
Report a Laboratory
To report a concern or complaint about an environmental laboratory, please contact the Supervisor of ELAP’s Enforcement Team, Alexandria Turner, at Alexandria.Turner@waterboards.ca.gov or (916) 323-3433.