Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (ELAP)
MISSION: To implement a sustainable accreditation program that ensures laboratories generate environmental and public health data of known, consistent, and documented quality to meet stakeholder needs.
VISION: Through effective program implementation and continuous improvement of ELAP, California will utilize the highest quality scientific data as a foundation for its environmental and public health programs and decisions.
- New Updates to FOT Forms to Comply with the 2017 MUR (5/31/19)
- ELAP Fee Stakeholder Meeting (5/20/19)
- ELTAC Meeting (04/11/2019)
- Updates to FOT Forms for PFAS Now Available (04/02/2019)
- Comment period for Preliminary Draft Regulations has been extended (01/16/19)
- ELAP Workshops on Preliminary Draft Regulations (12/20/18)
- Release of ELAP’s Third Preliminary Draft Regulations text (12/19/18)
- ELTAC Meeting (12/7/18)
- ELTAC Re-Elects Stephen Clark as Chairperson for 2019
- CWEA Offers 2016 TNI Training in Southern California (11/6/18)
- ELAP has updated Field of Testing 105 (07/13/18)
- CWEA Offers 2016 TNI Standard Training (5/9/18)
- ELAP Update - Be In The Know - March 2018 (03/15/18)
- Proficiency Testing Deadlines
- Developing a Proficiency Testing Plan for Your Laboratory
- Approved Proficiency Testing Providers
- California Code of Regulations, Division 4, Chapter 19, Article 5, Section 64809: Performance Evaluation Testing
- Contact the Proficiency Testing Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Environmental Laboratory Technical Advisory Committee (ELTAC) was established to assist ELAP in technical matters that impact
the laboratory community. The committee is composed of approximately fifteen representatives from the laboratory community and
data users to speak on behalf of interested parties and certified laboratories.
- ELTAC Mission Statement
- ELTAC By-Laws
Subscribe to our ELAP email list to receive notifications and the latest updates. After subscribing, you will need to check your email host for a confirmation email to complete the subscription.
- LOOKING FOR A LAB?
Search our Geographic Information System (GIS) Map to find ELAP accredited laboratories.
Email email@example.com for questions.
- ELAP General Email Address
Use this email address to submit your application and for questions regarding application procedures and statuses.
- Proficiency Testing Questions
For questions regarding Proficiency Testing requirements, email our PT Unit directly.
- Technical Questions
To obtain technical guidance regarding method and laboratory procedures, email our technical inbox. This inbox is also used to submit Change of Personnel requests
This inbox is used when ELAP has requested comments on program reforms, proposals, and regulations development. You may also submit comments outside of those times on any topics.
- Accreditation Inquiry Request Form
Use this Form to submit an inquiry into the accredation issued to your laboratory.