Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (ELAP)
MISSION: To implement a sustainable accreditation program that ensures laboratories generate environmental and public health data of known, consistent, and documented quality to meet stakeholder needs.
VISION: Through effective program implementation and continuous improvement of ELAP, California will utilize the highest quality scientific data as a foundation for its environmental and public health programs and decisions.
- Updates to FOT Forms 102 & 103 for Drinking Water Analysis (10/30/20)
- Updates to FOT Forms 107 & 126 for Clarification (10/28/20)
- New members appointed to the 2021-2022 Environmental Laboratory Technical Advisory Committee (ELTAC) (10/9/20)
- Updates to FOT Forms 102 & 103 for Drinking Water Analysis (10/8/20)
- Effective Date for the new ELAP Regulations changed to January 1, 2021 (9/1/20)
- Updates to FOT Forms 111 & 117 for PFAS Analysis (7/17/20)
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions series on Third Party Assessments! (6/5/20)
- Top 5 Questions People are Asking about the New California ELAP Regulations (5/15/20)
- Proficiency Testing Deadlines
- Developing a Proficiency Testing Plan for Your Laboratory
- Approved Proficiency Testing Providers
ELAP only accepts Proficiency Testing Reports from the providers listed below:
- California Code of Regulations, Division 4, Chapter 19, Article 5, Section 64809: Performance Evaluation Testing
- Contact the Proficiency Testing Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Environmental Laboratory Technical Advisory Committee (ELTAC) is an advisory body to the Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (ELAP). The committee is established in the California Health and Safety Code, section 100863, which requires the State Water Board to appoint a "multidisciplinary committee to assist, advise, and make recommendations regarding technical, scientific, and administrative matters concerning the accreditation or certification of environmental laboratories."
Subscribe to our ELAP email list to receive notifications and the latest updates. After subscribing, you will need to check your email host for a confirmation email to complete the subscription.
- ELAP General Email Address
Use this email address to submit your application and for questions regarding application procedures and statuses.
- Proficiency Testing Questions
For questions regarding Proficiency Testing requirements, email our PT Unit directly.
- Technical Questions
To obtain technical guidance regarding method and laboratory procedures, email our technical inbox. This inbox is also used to submit Change of Personnel requests.
This inbox is used when ELAP has requested comments on program reforms, proposals, and regulations development. You may also submit comments outside of those times on any topics.
- Accreditation Inquiry Request Form
Use this Form to submit an inquiry into the accredation issued to your laboratory.