Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (ELAP)
MISSION: To implement a sustainable accreditation program that ensures laboratories generate environmental and public health data of known, consistent, and documented quality to meet stakeholder needs.
VISION: Through effective program implementation and continuous improvement of ELAP, California will utilize the highest quality scientific data as a foundation for its environmental and public health programs and decisions.
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions series on Third Party Assessments! (6/5/20)
- Attend the Roadmap to ELAP Accreditation Webinar: Third Party Assessments on Monday, June 8th at 10:30am (6/1/20)
- Top 5 Questions People are Asking about the New California ELAP Regulations (5/15/20)
- State Water Board Adopts Regulations to Elevate Data Quality for CA Communities (05/06/20)
- Western Analytical Laboratory of Chino, CA denied accreditation and fined $90,000 by the State Water Resources Control Board for false representations in reports (4/20/20)
- State Board to consider adoption of proposed regulations on May 5, 2020 (4/15/20)
- ELAP launches new website to support environmental testing labs during COVID-19 (03/26/20)
- Proficiency Testing Deadlines
- Developing a Proficiency Testing Plan for Your Laboratory
- Approved Proficiency Testing Providers
ELAP only accepts Proficiency Testing Reports from the providers listed below:
- California Code of Regulations, Division 4, Chapter 19, Article 5, Section 64809: Performance Evaluation Testing
- Contact the Proficiency Testing Unit at email@example.com
The Environmental Laboratory Technical Advisory Committee (ELTAC) was established to assist ELAP in technical matters that impact
the laboratory community. The committee is composed of approximately fifteen representatives from the laboratory community and
data users to speak on behalf of interested parties and certified laboratories.
- ELTAC Mission Statement
- ELTAC By-Laws
Subscribe to our ELAP email list to receive notifications and the latest updates. After subscribing, you will need to check your email host for a confirmation email to complete the subscription.
- ELAP General Email Address
Use this email address to submit your application and for questions regarding application procedures and statuses.
- Proficiency Testing Questions
For questions regarding Proficiency Testing requirements, email our PT Unit directly.
- Technical Questions
To obtain technical guidance regarding method and laboratory procedures, email our technical inbox. This inbox is also used to submit Change of Personnel requests.
This inbox is used when ELAP has requested comments on program reforms, proposals, and regulations development. You may also submit comments outside of those times on any topics.
- Accreditation Inquiry Request Form
Use this Form to submit an inquiry into the accredation issued to your laboratory.