Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (ELAP)
MISSION: To implement a sustainable accreditation program that ensures laboratories generate environmental and public health data of known, consistent, and documented quality to meet stakeholder needs.
VISION: Through effective program implementation and continuous improvement of ELAP, California will utilize the highest quality scientific data as a foundation for its environmental and public health programs and decisions.
- New ELAP launches new website to support environmental testing labs during COVID-19 (03/26/20)
- State Board meeting to consider adoption of proposed regulations cancelled (3/16/20)
- State Board to consider adoption of proposed regulations on March 17th (3/9/20)
- Updates to FOT Forms 110 & 111 in response to San Francisco Bay RWQCB (2/21/20)
- View the Proposed Revised Regulations Text (2/13/20)
- How to Submit Comments for Proposed Revised ELAP Regulations (2/13/20)
- Notice of Public Availability of Changes to Proposed Regulations, Initiating Public Comment Period for Proposed Regulatory Action (2/13/20)
- Notice of Public Release of Laboratory Records (12/16/19)
- ELAP Fee Stakeholder Meeting (11/6/19)
- View the Complete Rulemaking Documentation Files (10/14/19)
- How to Submit Comments for ELAP Draft Regulations (10/11/19)
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Published, Initiating Public Comment Period for Proposed Regulatory Action (10/11/19)
- Proficiency Testing Deadlines
- Developing a Proficiency Testing Plan for Your Laboratory
- Approved Proficiency Testing Providers
ELAP only accepts Proficiency Testing Reports from the providers listed below:
- California Code of Regulations, Division 4, Chapter 19, Article 5, Section 64809: Performance Evaluation Testing
- Contact the Proficiency Testing Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Environmental Laboratory Technical Advisory Committee (ELTAC) was established to assist ELAP in technical matters that impact
the laboratory community. The committee is composed of approximately fifteen representatives from the laboratory community and
data users to speak on behalf of interested parties and certified laboratories.
- ELTAC Mission Statement
- ELTAC By-Laws
Subscribe to our ELAP email list to receive notifications and the latest updates. After subscribing, you will need to check your email host for a confirmation email to complete the subscription.
- ELAP General Email Address
Use this email address to submit your application and for questions regarding application procedures and statuses.
- Proficiency Testing Questions
For questions regarding Proficiency Testing requirements, email our PT Unit directly.
- Technical Questions
To obtain technical guidance regarding method and laboratory procedures, email our technical inbox. This inbox is also used to submit Change of Personnel requests.
This inbox is used when ELAP has requested comments on program reforms, proposals, and regulations development. You may also submit comments outside of those times on any topics.
- Accreditation Inquiry Request Form
Use this Form to submit an inquiry into the accredation issued to your laboratory.