Santa Maria Watershed TMDL - Fecal Indicator Bacteria
Problem Statement - Fourteen waterbodies (Alamo Creek, Blosser Channel, Bradley Canyon Creek, Bradley Channel, Cuyama River (above Twitchell Reservoir), La Brea Creek, Little Oso Flaco Creek, Main Street Canal, Nipomo Creek, Orcutt Creek, Oso Flaco Creek, Oso Flaco Lake, Santa Maria River and the Santa Maria River Estuary) in the Santa Maria Watershed are impaired due to exceedance of the water quality objectives for total coliform and/or fecal coliform and/or E. coli. Consequently, the beneficial uses of contact recreation (REC-1) and shellfishing (SHELL) - in the Santa Maria Estuary only - are not being protected. This project identifies the causes of impairment and describes solutions to achieve water quality objectives and protection of beneficial uses.
- April 24, 2013 - USEPA approves the Santa Maria Watershed TMDL for FIB
- February 21, 2013 - OAL approves the Santa Maria Watershed TMDL for FIB
- October 16, 2012 - State Water Resources Control Board approves the Santa Maria Watershed TMDL for FIB
- March 15, 2012 -
Central Coast Water Board adopts the Santa Maria Watershed TMDL for Fecal Indicator Bacteria
- Staff Report
(we suggest beginning your review with the staff report and attachment 1)
- Attachment 1 - Resolution R3-2012-0002 and amendment language
- Attachment 2 - Project Report (report that provides the basis for the TMDL)
- Attachment 3 - CEQA substitute document
- Attachment 4 - Public notice
- Attachment 5 - Scientific peer review and staff response
- Attachment 6 - Public comments and staff response
- Staff Report (we suggest beginning your review with the staff report and attachment 1)
- Shanta Keeling
Status and Public Notices
- Status: Fully approved and effective.
- Public Notice: none at this time.
- Central Coast Water Board
- adopted March 15, 2012.
- State Water Resources Control Board
- approved October 16, 2012.
- Office of Administrative Law (OAL)
- approved February 21, 2013, which is the effective date.
- US Environmental Protection Agency
- approved April 24, 2013.