- Information about participating in the Central Coast Water Board’s remote meeting is further down on this page and should be reviewed before joining the meeting. Once you have reviewed details on this page, please use the Zoom link below to join the meeting.
You do not need to create a Zoom account to join the meeting.
- Please use the link below to join the webinar.
Zoom Meeting Information:
Date: December 14-15 09:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Regional Water Quality Control Board Central Coast Region 3
Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.
Please use the link below to join the webinar:
Or One tap mobile:
+16699006833,,88009304539#,,,,*393207# US (San Jose)
+14086380968,,88009304539#,,,,*393207# US (San Jose)
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
+1 669 444 9171 US
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 719 359 4580 US
+1 253 205 0468 US
+1 646 931 3860 US
+1 689 278 1000 US
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 305 224 1968 US
+1 309 205 3325 US
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 360 209 5623 US
+1 386 347 5053 US
+1 507 473 4847 US
+1 564 217 2000 US
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
Webinar ID: 880 0930 4539
International numbers available: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kemxsxcVYC
Resumption of In-Person Meetings with a Remote Participation Option
Beginning with the April 21, 2022 Central Coast Water Board meeting, the Board resumed in-person meetings with a physical meeting location open to the public. Members of the public who wish to observe or to address the Board may join the Board at the noticed, physical location, or may use the Zoom application to address the Board from a remote location. Members of the public will also be able to view the webcast through most web browsers from this page: https://cal-span.org/.
The Water Board asks for patience and cooperation. While every effort has been made to streamline the experience and conduct meetings in the manner to which our stakeholders have grown accustomed, there may be technical issues and human error. We will attempt to correct any issues that arise as soon as we can.
Individuals who require special accommodations are requested to contact the Clerk to the Board by phone at (805) 549-3140 or by email at RB3-CommentLetters@Waterboards.ca.gov.
If you only want to watch and/or listen to the Board meeting
The webcast can be viewed through most web browsers from this page: https://cal-span.org/.
Individuals who only want to watch or listen should use this option as it preserves interactive meeting resources for those who are commenting on items.
If you want to provide oral comments to the Board during the meeting
Members of the public who wish to provide oral comments may join the Board and staff at the noticed meeting location. Alternatively, if a member of the public wishes to address the Board from a remote location, the Water Board will continue using the Zoom application to allow remote participation by the public.
With the remote participation option, you can either call in or use a computer or mobile device (e.g., mobile phone or tablet) to participate via audio or video conference.
Persons wishing to provide public comment during the meeting on specific items on the agenda are requested to complete an electronic comment card by 9:00 a.m., Thursday, December 14, 2023. However, comment cards will be accepted prior to the start of the item. In addition to the electronic comment cards, hard copy comment request cards will also be available at the physical meeting location. There will be no public forum at this meeting. The comment card and instructions are available at the following website along with additional information about participating telephonically or via the remote video option.
Public comment is typically limited to three minutes unless otherwise approved by the Board Chair, and the Board Chair may need to adjust the amount of time each speaker has to ensure everyone has an opportunity to provide public comment. Requests for extra time to provide public comment must be sent to the Clerk to the Board at RB3-CommentLetters@waterboards.ca.gov by 12:00 noon, Monday, December 11, 2023.
Guidelines for Orderly Participation for Those Who Want to Comment Remotely via Zoom During the Meeting
- Remote meetings often lack the same visual and social cues available during public, in-person meetings. Please be respectful and patient so all interested commenters can be fairly heard.
- Call in to the meeting or video conference a few minutes before the scheduled start of the meeting to ensure you can resolve any technical issues before the meeting starts. You will initially join the meeting as an attendee with no option for enabling your microphone or camera.
- If the agenda specifies that the item you intend to comment on will not start before a certain time, lease join the remote meeting at least 15 minutes before the specified time.
- You will be muted until it is your turn to speak. While muted, you will be able to hear the Board meeting and can continue watching via the remote meeting service if you have connected from a computer or mobile device.
- Even though you may wish to comment on only one item, the Board encourages you to participate in the entire meeting via the Zoom application, unless your item has a specified time, because there are at times brief delays associated with the webcast, and it may not be synchronized with the interactive meeting.
- Regardless of whether you participate via phone, computer, or mobile device, please participate from a quiet environment so that the Board can hear you when you are called upon. If you are using the internet to connect to the meeting, try to ensure you have a good connection or strong signal.
- It is important to avoid creating acoustic feedback. If there are other devices near you that are tuned into the meeting, please make sure that the speaker volume of those devices is turned down when it is your turn to participate.
- The Board Chair will maintain decorum during the meeting as is customary in public meetings, and individuals who are disruptive may be removed from the Zoom application or have their connection muted.
- Other public commenters will be able to see your name (which is not unusual because commenters already have to identify themselves for the record before speaking), and if you call in, other commenters will see the last three digits of your phone number unless you have called in anonymously.
Joining the Meeting Remotely if You Want to Participate
- The Water Board will be using the Zoom meeting application to allow remote participation.
- Do not use the webcast if you are participating through the Zoom application.
- A link to the Zoom meeting will be posted above.
Participating in the Meeting with Zoom via Telephone
Participating via Video Conference.” When connecting to the Zoom meeting through a computer or mobile device select the option that you are participating by phone call. The Zoom service will give you a participant number that you can then enter on your phone (#[Participant Number]#]).
If you want to use your phone to provide comments but follow along with the video presentations (e.g., because you do not have or want to use a computer microphone or camera), you can do so, but the computer or mobile device will need to be connected to the Zoom meeting using the steps below for “
Participating in the Meeting with Zoom via Video Conference
- The Water Board will be using the Zoom application for those who want to provide comments or participate in a Spanish translation. Do not use the webcast if you are participating through the Zoom remote service. And only use the Zoom service if you want to provide comment or if you want a Spanish translation.
- You do not need to create a Zoom account to participate in a Water Board meeting. The Zoom link provided by the Water Board is all you will need to join the meeting, but you will need to enter your name so the Board can identify and unmute you from the speaker queue.
- You do not need to install software on your computer to participate. The Zoom service can run within an existing web browser.
- Downloading the Zoom software may, however, provide a superior meeting experience for you. You can download the Zoom client in advance at: https://zoom.us/download
- Familiarize yourself with the Zoom features here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/200101697
Requesting to Speak (the “Virtual Speaker Card”) for Remote Participation
To address the Water Board remotely during the meeting, you will need to complete a virtual speaker card and indicating you intend to address the board from a remote location. Persons speaking at Water Board meetings are accustomed to filling out a speaker card. To allow for a more orderly process of identifying speakers in advance, the Water Board will use virtual speaker cards. The virtual speaker card will allow the Board clerk to identify commenters interested in an item, locate them within the Zoom meeting waiting list, and unmute them so they can address the Board at the appropriate time.
The virtual speaker card system will also be used for persons addressing the Board in person. If you want to address the Board and will be in the meeting room, you can fill out the form linked below and indicate you will attend in person.
Persons wishing to provide public comment during the meeting on specific items on the agenda, or during the public forum on matters not on this agenda, are requested to complete an electronic comment card by 9:00 a.m., Thursday, December 14, 2023. However, comment cards will be accepted prior to the start of the item. In addition to the electronic comment cards, hard copy comment request cards will also be available at the physical meeting location. The comment card and instructions are available at the following website along with additional information about participating telephonically or via the remote video option.
Public comment is typically limited to three minutes unless otherwise approved by the Board Chair, and the Board Chair may need to adjust the amount of time each speaker has to ensure everyone has an opportunity to provide public comment. Requests for extra time to provide public comment must be sent to the Clerk to the Board at RB3-CommentLetters@waterboards.ca.gov
by 12:00 noon, Monday, December 11, 2023.
Comments regarding pending adjudicatory matters will not be permitted.
To request to speak on an item via remote presence:
By 9:00 a.m., Thursday, December 14, 2023:
- Fill out a virtual speaker card using our online form
. The clerk will confirm your request before the meeting start time.
- If you are unable to use the form for technical reasons or otherwise,
- Send an email to RB3-CommentLetters@waterboards.ca.gov
- In the subject line, indicate: December 14-15, 2023, Board Meeting, Speaker Comment
- In the body of the email, indicate:
- Your name
- Email address
- Whom you represent (i.e., self, another person, an organization)
- The item number and name you wish to speak on (if speaking on Public Forum, please state the topic you will be speaking on)
- Whether you definitely want to speak, or you are unsure and will decide during the item whether you want to speak
- Whether you intend to participate via videoconference or telephonically
- If calling in, please provide the last three digits of the phone number you will be calling from