City of Salinas MS4
All Medium and Large Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4s) were required to obtain a municipal permit under Phase I. A Medium MS4 system serves, or is located in an incorporated place or county with, a population between 100,000 - 249,999, a Large MS4 system serves, or is located in an incorporated place or county with, a population of 250,000 or more. There is only one Phase I MS4 in the Central Coast Region, the City of Salinas. An individual NPDES permit regulates the discharge of storm water from the City of Salinas. The permit requires the city to adopt and enforce a Storm Water Ordinance.
2019 Proposed Salinas Phase I Municipal Stormwater Permit
- Public Notice for the public hearing for the reissuance of the City of Salinas’ Stormwater Permit
August 2019 Draft Order No. R3-2019-0073
- August 2019 Draft Order (includes Attachments A-F)
- August 2019 Attachment G (Economic Considerations) of the Draft Order
- August 2019 Attachment H (Fact Sheet) of the Draft Order
Changes to June 2019 Draft Order No. R3-2019-0073 in Response to Public Comment.
The following Portable Document Formats (PDFs) contain strikeout and/or underlined text – visit the State Water Board’s Accessibility page as needed for additional information regarding how to view and access these and other documents:
- Track Changes to June 2019 Draft Order (includes Attachments A-F)
- Track changes to June 2019 Attachment G (Economic Considerations) of the Draft Order
- Track changes to June 2019 Attachment H (Fact Sheet) of the Draft Order
Comments and Response to Comments:
- Comments received on June 2019 Draft Order and Central Coast Water Board staff responses
- United States Environmental Protection Agency August 2019 Comment Letter on the June 2019 Draft Order
Public participation workshops for the proposed Permit:
If you would like to be added to the Central Coast Water Board's interested parties list for Salinas stormwater permit notices, sign up for the "Municipal Storm Water - Salinas "
Current Salinas Phase I Municipal Stormwater Permit
The Salinas Phase I Municipal Stormwater Permit was renewed on May 3, 2012. The renewed permit becomes effective on June 17, 2012.
- Salinas Stormwater Permit
- Monitoring and Reporting Program (updated July 2017)
- Fact Sheet for the Salinas Stormwater Permit
Tamara Anderson at: Tamara.Anderson@waterboards.ca.gov