Irrigated Lands Regulatory Program (ILRP)
News! & Upcoming Meetings
- Proposed Amendments to the Waste Discharge Requirements General Orders for Growers within the Central Valley That are Members of a Third-Party Group - Comments Due by 5:00 p.m. - 21 December 2018
- AVAILABLE Final Irrigation and Nitrogen Management Plan Worksheet and Instructions
- AVAILABLE Final Irrigation and Nitrogen Management Plan Summary Report and Instructions
- AVAILABLE Final Drinking Water Notification Template
Table of Contents
- Tentative Waste Discharge Requirements (WDRs or Orders)
- Regulatory Information & Adopted Orders
- Coalition Group Information
- Submit an Electronic Notice of Intent (Will open GeoTracker website)
- Forms & Templates
- Grower Outreach
- Formal Enforcement Actions
- Coalition Submittals & Reviews
- Electronic Data Submission Resources
- ILRP Surface Water Quality Data
- ILRP Archives
A range of pollutants can be found in runoff from irrigated lands, such as pesticides, fertilizers, salts, pathogens, and sediment. At high enough concentrations, these pollutants can harm aquatic life or make water unusable for drinking water or agricultural uses. The Irrigated Lands Regulatory Program (ILRP) was initiated in 2003 to prevent agricultural runoff from impairing surface waters, and in 2012, groundwater regulations were added to the program. Waste discharge requirements (also known as "WDRs" or "Orders"), which protect both surface water and groundwater, address irrigated agricultural discharges throughout the Central Valley.
Subscribe to our Irrigated Lands Regulatory Program email list to receive notifications and the latest updates. After subscribing, you will need to check your email host for a confirmation email to complete the subscription.
Subscribe to our other email lists.
Facts and Information
- Does My Property Need Coverage Under the ILRP?
- ILRP Outreach Brochures
- ILRP Success Stories
- Fiscal Year Fact Sheets
- Fiscal Year 15/16 Annual Report Video
(Video will open in YouTube)
- ILRP Frequently Asked Questions