Irrigated Lands Regulatory Program -
Regulatory Information & Adopted Waste Discharge Requirements (WDRs or Orders)
Regulatory Information & Adopted WDRs
Regulatory Outreach Handouts
Information about who the Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board (Central Valley Water Board) is and what the Irrigated Lands Regulatory Program (ILRP) within the Central Valley Water Board is all about.
Adopted Waste Discharge Requirements (WDRs or Orders)
- WDRs for Growers in Coalition Groups:
- WDRs for Individual Growers
How to Apply for Regulatory Coverage Under the ILRP
All commercial irrigated lands, including nurseries and managed wetlands, are required to obtain regulatory coverage. Regulatory coverage is not required if a property is not used for commercial purposes, is not irrigated (dryland farmed), or if commercial irrigated lands are covered under another program (i.e., Dairy, Poultry, or Bovine). Options for regulatory coverage include joining a Third-Party (coalition) group or obtaining Individual Regulatory Coverage. The coalition groups work directly with their members to assist in complying with requirements by conducting water quality monitoring, and preparing and filing regional plans and reports to address water quality problems. Whereas growers who choose to obtain Individual Regulatory Coverage take it upon themselves to conduct their own monitoring and reporting, and work directly with the Central Valley Water Board to address water quality problems.
Failure to obtain regulatory coverage may result in the Central Valley Water Board assessing an administrative civil liability against you. Administrative civil liability can run as high as $1,000 per day for every day of violation. Irrigated Lands staff is available to assist you in obtaining the proper regulatory coverage. You can contact Irrigated Lands staff by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (916) 464-4611.
- Apply to Join a Coalition Group – for growers obtaining coverage under the general WDRs
- Apply for Individual Coverage – for growers NOT participating in a coalition group
- Water Quality Fee Schedule (Will open CA State Water Board Water Quality Fees website)
- Submit a Notice of Intent for Individual Dischargers (Not required if enrolling in a coalition group)
Other Regulatory Information
- Long-term Program Development
Program Environmental Impact Report (2011) and Public Workshop Information (2010)
- Litigation and Petitions
- Answers to Questions on Cost Estimates
- Ex Parte Notices for Irrigated Lands-related Communications
Interested persons who meet with board members must publicly disclose ex parte communication regarding General Waste Discharge Requirements proceedings.
- ILRP Home Page
- Stakeholder Meetings & Workgroups
- Executive Officer Decisions/Approvals
- Tentative Orders for ILRP
- Regulatory Information & Adopted Orders
- Coalition Group Information
- Forms & Templates
- Grower Outreach
- Drinking Water Well Monitoring
- Formal Enforcement Actions
- Coalition Submittals & Reviews
- Electronic Data Submission Resources
- ILRP Surface Water Quality Data
- ILRP Archives
Subscribe to our Irrigated Lands Regulatory Program email list to receive notifications and the latest updates. After subscribing, you will need to check your email host for a confirmation email to complete the subscription.
Subscribe to our other email lists.
Regional Water Quality Control Board
Irrigated Lands Regulatory Program
- Sacramento Office
11020 Sun Center Drive, #200
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670-6114
- Fresno Office
1685 "E" Street
Fresno, CA 93706-2007
- Program Contacts