Requesting to Speak (the “Virtual Speaker Card”) for Remote Participation
To address the Water Board remotely during the meeting, you will need to complete a virtual speaker card and indicating you intend to address the board from a remote location. Persons speaking at State Water Board meetings are accustomed to filling out a blue speaker card. To allow for a more orderly process of identifying speakers in advance, the Water Board will use virtual speaker cards. The virtual speaker card will allow the Board Clerk to identify commenters interested in an item, locate them within the Zoom meeting waiting list, and unmute them so they can address the Board at the appropriate time.
The virtual speaker card system will also be used for persons addressing the Board Members in person, in the meeting room. If you want to address the Board and will be in the meeting room, you can fill out the form linked below and indicate you will attend in-person.
Persons wishing to provide public comment on specific items on the agenda or during the public forum on matters not on this agenda are requested to complete an electronic comment card by 9 a.m., Thursday, June 16 and 17, 2022. However, comment cards will be accepted prior to the start of individual items. In addition to the electronic comment cards, hard copy comment request cards will also be available at the physical meeting location. Public forum will be held on Thursday, June 16 after the lunch break and Friday, June 17 first thing in the morning after roll call and introductions. .
Public comment is typically limited to three minutes unless otherwise approved by the Board Chair, and the Board Chair may need to adjust the amount of time each speaker has to ensure everyone has an opportunity to provide public comment. Requests for extra time to provide public comment must be sent to the Clerk to the Board at RB3-CommentLetters@waterboards.ca.gov by 12:00 noon, Monday, June 13, 2022.
Comments regarding pending adjudicatory matters will not be permitted.
To request to speak on an item via remote presence:
- By 9:00 a.m., Thursday, June 16, 2022:
- Fill out a virtual speaker card using our online form. The clerk will confirm your request before the meeting start time.
- If you are unable to use the form for technical reasons or otherwise,
- Send an email to RB3-CommentLetters@waterboards.ca.gov
- In the subject line, indicate: June 16-17, 2022, Board Meeting, Speaker Comment
- In the body of the email, indicate:
- Your name
- Email address
- Whom you represent (i.e., self, another person, an organization)
- The item number and name you wish to speak on (if speaking on Public Forum, please state the topic you will be speaking on)
- Whether you definitely want to speak, or you are unsure and will decide during the item whether you want to speak
- Whether you intend to participate via videoconference or telephonically
- If calling in, please provide the last three digits of the phone number you will be calling from