An Ombudsperson is available at the State Water Resources Control Board to respond to general inquiries regarding State and Regional Water Board Programs, and to provide small business compliance assistance with the State Water Board’s rules and regulations in accordance with Government Code §11148.
For general inquiries and small business compliance assistance, please contact a State/Regional Board Ombudsperson.
In fulfilling Government Code §11148, it is the intention of the State Water Board to assist small businesses in California in complying with regulatory standards designed to protect the public by providing information electronically or via printed materials. It is the responsibility of the Small Business Ombudsperson to serve as a liaison between small businesses and the State Water Board by receiving and responding to complaints; and providing technical advice and assisting small businesses in resolving problems and questions regarding compliance with the State Water Board’s rules and regulations.California Government Code §11148
- (a) It is the intent of the Legislature in enacting this article to assist small businesses in this state in complying with regulatory standards designed to protect the public.
- (b) It is the further intent of the Legislature:
- (1) That, to improve compliance results, information be provided by regulatory agencies by printed material or electronically, including at each agency’s Internet Web site, to all small businesses, as defined for that purpose, that would state in clear, plain language the actions required to comply with the regulation.
- (2) That each agency that significantly regulates small business designate at least one individual to serve as the small business liaison with the role and responsibility of ombudsman for that agency.
For questions regarding water recycling in accordance with Water Code §13552.5, contact Ombudsperson Ginachi Amah by email at: Ginachi.Amah@waterboards.ca.gov or by phone at: (818) 551-2046.
In fulfilling this legislative requirement, it is the intention of the State Water Board to coordinate and facilitate communication on recycled water, to coordinate the issuance of water reclamation requirements or waste discharge requirements, and to promote water recycling while using ensuring reasonable protection of water quality in accordance with the applicable provisions of state and federal water quality law.
California Water Code §13552.5
- (f) (1) The state board shall designate an ombudsperson to coordinate and facilitate communication on recycled water, on the issuance of water reclamation requirements or waste discharge requirements, as applicable, pursuant to Section 13523 or 13525.1 or this section, and in the promotion of water recycling while ensuring reasonable protection of water quality in accordance with applicable provisions of state and federal water quality law.
- (2) The person appointed pursuant to paragraph (1) shall facilitate consultations between the state board and the regional boards relating to matters described in that paragraph.