California Water Boards' Annual Performance Report - Fiscal Year 2019-20
- Data Source: Water Boards ILRP database.
- Unit of Measure: Number of acres enrolled under general conditional waivers of WDRs at Regional Water Boards with ILRP.
- Data Definitions: Acres Enrolled: Agricultural acreage under the control of commercial irrigated agricultural operators enrolled under a general conditional waiver of WDRs issued by a Regional Water Board as part of their ILRP.
- References: Information on the Water Boards' ILRP
ILRP Monthly Reports
- Conditional Waiver of Waste Discharge Requirements
- Regional Water Board can formally waive Waste Discharge Requirements (WDRs) for specific discharges to surface waters that are not subject to National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System regulations provided that certain conditions are met, including that the discharge will not cause or contribute to violations in water quality. An individual conditional waiver of WDRs can be issued directly to an individual discharger. For discharges of a certain type, such as discharges from irrigated agricultural lands, individual or groups of dischargers may enroll under a general conditional waiver of WDRs.
- Irrigated Agricultural Lands
- Lands where water is applied to produce crops such as land planted to row, vineyard, pasture, field and tree crops, commercial nurseries, nursery stock production, managed wetlands, and rice production that do not currently discharge under waste discharge requirements, National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permits, Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) permits, or other NPDES permits.