Who We Are, What We Do
- California Water Boards: Who We Are & What We Do
Created by the State Legislature in 1967, the five-member Board protects water quality by setting statewide policy, coordinating and supporting the Regional Water Board efforts, and reviewing petitions that contest Regional Board actions. The State Board is also solely responsible for allocating surface water rights.
- Brochure About the California Water Boards (Revised February 2019)
- Folleto Acerca de Las Juntas del Agua de California (English Version Revised February 2019)
- A Dozen Things You Never Knew About the California Water Boards
The “California Water Boards” are state government departments that protect and enhance the quality of our state’s waters for present and future generations.
- Board Member Reference Information
View information for the Water Quality Coordinating Committee (WQCC), particularly materials related to Spring and Fall WQCC meetings.