Water and Wastewater Customers
The State Water Board is implementing a program to provide relief to water and wastewater systems for unpaid water bills that their customers have incurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. The funding will cover water debt from residential and commercial customers accrued between March 4, 2020 and June 15, 2021. The program will not disburse funds directly to customers for overdue accounts.
If you would like to know if your drinking water/wastewater service provider is requesting funding from the program, please contact them directly to inquire.
Here are some additional assistance programs that are not administered by the State Water Board:
Water Utility Assistance
- Low Income Household Water Assistance Program, administered by California Department of Community Services and Development
- water and wastewater utility assistance for income-qualified customers
- NOTE: Program will open late fall 2021.
Energy Utility Assistance
- California Arrearage Payment Program, administered by California Department of Community Services & Development
- Eligible customers automatically will be credited and do not need to apply.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program, administered by California Department of Community Services and Development
- utility assistance for income-qualified customers
- To learn more about eligibility, visit CSD’s website.
California COVID-19 Rent Relief, administered by Consumer Services and Housing Agency