ELAP - Regulations
Welcome to the ELAP Draft Regulations Home Page! Be sure to check back here often, for important updates.
ELAP Preliminary Draft Regulations Text
ELAP is pleased to present the Third Preliminary Draft Regulations text for review. The draft regulation text was developed through stakeholder collaboration with suggested changes from ELTAC members and the laboratory community incorporated into the text.
- NEW Third Preliminary Draft Regulations Text - clean copy (12/19/18)
- NEW Third Preliminary Draft Regulations Text - tracked changes (12/19/18)
- Second Preliminary Draft Regulations Text - ELTAC only (6/14/18)
- ELAP Preliminary Draft Regulations Text (7/24/17)
- NEW Final day to submit comments to be considered for Preliminary Draft Regulations Text is February 8, 2019
- NEW How to submit comments for Preliminary Draft Regulations (12/19/18)
ELAP Administrative Approval Process
Assistance with the 2016 TNI Standard
The State Water Board is proposing to assist laboratories in making the transition to the 2016 TNI Standard by providing tools, training, and a three-year implementation period for many requirements.
- TNI Documentation Workshops
We envision a one-day workshop focused on document development that is open to all laboratories. It will be held throughout the state and will include in-class work with a consultant to develop documentation required by the TNI Standard. Laboratories will receive templates and tools as part of this workshop.
- Support for TNI Mentor Groups
ELAP is offering support to any laboratory mentor groups that have formed to assist each other with implementation of the TNI Standard. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to see how we can assist you.
- TNI Implementation Tools for Laboratories
The following tools are available to TNI members at a discounted rate, but can be purchased by non-members as well.
- Getting Ready for the NEW California Accreditation Program, (FREE) presented by Marlene Moore at the 2016 TNI Standard Workshops in San Diego, Oakland, Sacramento, and Los Angeles
- TNI Quality Systems Checklist
- TNI Small Laboratory Handbook
- TNI Quality Manual Template
- Laboratory Method SOPs
- TNI Training Courses
- TNI Membership
ELAP has negotiated a free 6-month membership to TNI, for its laboratories, which includes member rates on documents and trainings. This membership can be requested until the time the Regulations package is adopted by the State Water Board. Email TNI's Executive Administrator, Suzanne Rachmaninoff, at email@example.com to request membership. In addition to receiving discounted rates on TNI implementation resources, members also have the benefit of participating in the formal consensus process. ELAP encourages laboratories to take an active role in this process and represent California at the national level.
Draft Regulations Public Workshops
The Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (ELAP) has released the Third Preliminary Draft Regulations text. The public is welcome to present oral comments at two workshops where ELAP will give a presentation and hear comments. The Sacramento workshop will include a webcast option. The dates and times of the workshops are listed below.
- Sacramento – Tuesday, January 15, 2019, 10am-5pm
Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board, Board Room
11020 Sun Center Drive, Suite 200
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Webcast available (audio and video only)
- Los Angeles – Thursday, January 17, 2019, 10am-5pm
Junipero Serra State Building, Carmel Room
320 W 4th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90013
ELAP's Draft Regulations Team held public workshops throughout California from July 25th, 2017 - August 3rd, 2017 to solicit comments, answer questions, and review the First Preliminary Draft Regulations text for clarity and completeness. Please see below for more information regarding the First Preliminary Draft Regulations Public Workshops.
- ELAP Preliminary Draft Regulations Workshop Presentation
- Location and Scheduling Information
- Fresno - July 25, 2017
- Sacramento - July 26, 2017
- Redding - July 28, 2017
- Los Angeles - August 1, 2017
- San Diego - August 2, 2017
- San Francisco - August 3, 2017
View our map of public workshop locations relevant to ELAP-accredited laboratories.
Draft Regulations Readiness
Contact ELAP's Program Development, Research, and Enforcement Unit:
- Jacob Oaxaca
Senior Environmental Scientist, Unit Chief
- Katlin Bloom
- Andrew Hamilton
- Comments: firstname.lastname@example.org