ELAP - Regulations
Welcome to the ELAP Draft Regulations Home Page! Be sure to check back here often, for important updates.
ELAP Preliminary Draft Regulations Text
- ELAP Preliminary Draft Regulations Text (7/24/17)
- Final day to submit comments to be considered for Preliminary Draft Regulations Text was September 7, 2017
- How to submit comments for Preliminary Draft Regulations (7/24/17)
ELAP Administrative Approval Process
Assistance with the 2016 TNI Standard
The State Water Board is proposing to assist laboratories in making the transition to the 2016 TNI Standard by providing tools, training, and a three-year implementation period for many requirements.
- TNI Documentation Workshops
We envision a one-day workshop focused on document development that is open to all laboratories. It will be held throughout the state and will include in-class work with a consultant to develop documentation required by the TNI Standard. Laboratories will receive templates and tools as part of this workshop.
- Support for TNI Mentor Groups
ELAP is offering support to any laboratory mentor groups that have formed to assist each other with implementation of the TNI Standard. Contact us at email@example.com to see how we can assist you.
- TNI Implementation Tools for Laboratories
The following tools are available to TNI members at a discounted rate, but can be purchased by non-members as well.
- Getting Ready for the NEW California Accreditation Program, (FREE) presented by Marlene Moore at the 2016 TNI Standard Workshops in San Diego, Oakland, Sacramento, and Los Angeles
- TNI Quality Systems Checklist
- TNI Small Laboratory Handbook
- TNI Quality Manual Template
- Laboratory Method SOPs
- TNI Training Courses
- TNI Membership
ELAP has negotiated a free 6-month membership to TNI, for its laboratories, which includes member rates on documents and trainings. This membership can be requested until the time the Regulations package is adopted by the State Water Board. Email TNI's Executive Administrator, Suzanne Rachmaninoff, at firstname.lastname@example.org to request membership. In addition to receiving discounted rates on TNI implementation resources, members also have the benefit of participating in the formal consensus process. ELAP encourages laboratories to take an active role in this process and represent California at the national level.
Draft Regulations Public Workshops
ELAP's Draft Regulations Team held public workshops throughout California from July 25th - August 3rd, to solicit comments, answer questions, and review Preliminary Draft Regulations text for clarity and completeness. Please see below for more information regarding the Preliminary Draft Regulations Public Workshops.
- ELAP Preliminary Draft Regulations Workshop Presentation
- Location and Scheduling Information
- Fresno - July 25, 2017
- Sacramento - July 26, 2017
- Redding - July 28, 2017
- Los Angeles - August 1, 2017
- San Diego - August 2, 2017
- San Francisco - August 3, 2017
View our map of public workshop locations relevant to ELAP-accredited laboratories.