Approval Of Watershed Management Programs Under Los Angeles MS4 Order
The State Water Resources Control Board received a petition for review of the approval of Watershed Management Programs under the Los Angeles Regional Water Quality Control Board's Waste Discharge Requirements Order No. R4-2012-0175 [NPDES No. CAS004001], Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Discharges Within the Coastal Watersheds of Los Angeles County, Except Those Discharges Originating From The City of Long Beach MS4.
Final Proposed Order (November 4, 2020) SWRCB/OCC Files A-2386, A-2477, and A-2508)
On October 21, 2020, the State Water Board provided notice that it would consider adoption of a final proposed order in the above matter on November 17, 2020 at a public meeting and would release the final proposed order approximately ten day prior to the November 17, 2020 public meeting. The public meeting will take place remotely. The notice is below. Instructions for participating in the remote public meeting will be included in the Board Meeting Agenda for the November 17, 2020 State Water Board Meeting, which will be available on the State Water Board’s website on or about November 6, 2020.
On November 4, 2020, the State Water Board released the final proposed order in the above matter. Also available is a comparison document showing the changes made from the second proposed order to the final proposed order and a transmittal letter announcing the availability of the final proposed order documents.
- Notice of Public Meeting (October 21, 2020)
- Final Proposed Order (November 4, 2020)
- Comparison Document (November 4, 2020)
- Transmittal Letter (November 4, 2020)
Second Proposed Order (September 4, 2020) (SWRCB/OCC Files A-2386, A-2477, and A-2508)
On September 4, 2020 the State Water Board issued a second proposed order in the above matter. In an accompanying transmittal letter, the State Water Board announced a public workshop to receive oral comments on the second proposed order. The public workshop will take place remotely on October 6, 2020. The transmittal letter is below, as well as a clean copy of the second proposed order and a comparison document showing changes from the first proposed order to the second proposed order.
- Transmittal Letter (September 4, 2020)
- Second Proposed Order (September 4, 2020)
- Comparison Document (September 4, 2020)
Proposed Order (updated December 10, 2019) (SWRCB/OCC Files A-2386, A-2477, and A-2508)
On December 6, 2019, the State Water Board issued a proposed order in the above matter, and released an updated order on December 10, 2019. The proposed order would consolidate the three petitions identified above. In an accompanying transmittal letter, the State Water Board announced a public written comment period to receive comment on the proposed order. Written comments were originally due by 12:00 noon, Monday, January 20, 2020, but the State Water Board extended the deadline to 12:00 noon, Thursday, February 20, 2020.
On February 14, 2020, the State Water Board again extended the deadline to 12:00 noon Friday, March 20, 2020. On March 19, 2020, the State Water Board extended the deadline a third time to 12:00 noon, Friday, April 3, 2020.
Please indicate in the subject line, "Comments on A-2386, A-2477, A-2508 Proposed Order." Electronic submission of written comments is encouraged. Written comments must be addressed to:
Ms. Jeanine Townsend
Clerk to the Board
State Water Resources Control Board
1001 I Street, 24th Floor
P.O. Box 100
Sacramento, CA 95812-0100
After the written comment period, the State Water Board will schedule one or more State Water Board meetings to receive oral comments and consider adoption of the proposed order. The State Water Board will review the comments it receives carefully and may make revisions to the proposed order prior to considering adoption. All comments shall be based solely upon evidence contained in the record or upon legal argument. Supplemental evidence will not be permitted except under the limited circumstances described in California Code of Regulations, title 23, section 2050.6.
Request for Additional Clarification (May 29, 2020)
Third Extension Letter (March 19, 2020)
Second Extension Letter (February 14, 2020)
Extension Letter (December 19, 2019)
Proposed Order (December 10, 2019)
Transmittal Letter (December 6, 2019)
Petition, Extension, Record, Own Motion Order, and Other Documents
- Request for Official Notice by Petitioners - November 4, 2016
- Acknowledgement of Request for Abeyance and Grant of Extension - August 5, 2016
- Own Motion Order - July 19, 2016
- Request for Abeyance and Grant of Extension - July 19, 2016
- Proposed Own Motion Order and Transmittal Letter
- Comments on Proposed Own Motion Order - July 18, 2016
- Documents Responsive to Public Records Act Request Received Regarding Communications with Petitioners - February 26, 2016
- Submission of Record Citations for Petition Addendum - February 8, 2016
- Responses to Amended Petition - January 15, 2016
- Administrative Record - December 16, 2015
- Submittal of Administrative Record – December 15, 2015
- Letter Granting Extension - December 8, 2015
- Letter Granting Extension – November 24, 2015
- Letter Requesting Extension of Deadline to File Responses to Petition (Permittees) – November 24, 2015
- Letter Requesting Extension of Deadline to File Responses to Petition (LARWQCB) – November 20, 2015
- Complete Petition Letter – November 10, 2015
- A-2386 – Petition Addendum and Addendum Exhibits (Following consideration by the Los Angeles Water Board) – October 30, 2015
- Record Citations for Petition Addendum - February 8, 2016
- Acknowledgment Letter – September 17, 2015
- Acknowledgment of Request for Abeyance – September 17, 2015
- Letter Requesting Abeyance – August 24, 2015
- A-2477 and A-2508 – Petition Page
- A-2386 – Petition and Petition Exhibits – May 28, 2015
- Watershed Management Programs Program Page
To receive future correspondence regarding the petitions to review the approval of WMPs under the Los Angeles MS4 Order, please subscribe to the email distribution list for SWRCB/OCC File A-2386 under "Legal Notices.