The Drinking Water Unit of the Fee Branch is responsible for setting and collecting fees for The Safe Drinking Water Program. This Program is mandated by the California Legislature to ensure all public water systems providing service to California are in compliance with Safe Drinking Water Act standards.
The Drinking Water Program has nearly 200 staff located in 24 districts and offices throughout the state that enforce the federal and state Safe Drinking Water Act. The Program’s main responsibilities in this area are issuing permits to drinking water systems, inspecting water systems, reviewing and approving proposed treatment facilities, monitoring water quality, setting and enforcing drinking water standards and requirements, and administering drinking water infrastructure grants and loans.
- Disadvantaged Community Water System Fee Notice FY 2017-2018
- Notice of Proposed Emergency Regulation | Emergency Regulation Text
- Approved Drinking Water Fee Regulations
OAL approved the rulemaking and filed it with the Secretary of State on April 10, 2017. The effective date is April 10, 2017.
- Notice of Addition of Document to File and Clarification of Text - Drinking Water Fee Regulations (01/23/17)
The State Water Board is accepting written comments on the Drinking Water Fees - Basis for Establishing Fees Regulations.
Deadline to Receive Comments: 02/08/17 by 5:00 PM
- Revised Proposed Drinking Water Fee Regulations (07/13/16)
The State Water Board accepted written comments on the Drinking Water Fee Regulations.
Deadline to Receive Comments was 07/29/16 by 5:00 PM
- Proposed Drinking Water Fee Regulations
The State Water Board is accepting written comments on the proposed Drinking Water Fee Regulations.
Deadline to Receive Comments: 06/22/16 by 5:00 PM