California Integrated Water Quality System Project (CIWQS)
PET Tool / CIWQS Data Format
The PET Tool is a Microsoft Excel file that allows you to configure your data into a format that CIWQS will understand and interpret correctly, which is the CIWQS Data Format, or CDF. You can open the PET Tool in Excel, configure it on the basis of your permit requirements, and then use the configured file as a template for entering monitoring data on a monthly basis.
Important Note: The Tools require that macros be enabled.
As demonstrated by the diagram above, work on the PET Tool happens outside of eSMR. When a file has been prepared for a report, use the button on the General Tab to automatically create a zip file. The zip file should then be uploaded to the EDF/CDF tab of an eSMR report.
- First Time Users
CIWQS Data Format Installer - You must install this application. This installer contains the dynamic link library, zip32-23.dll, which is used to compress and package the submission in a ZIP format.
Important Note: You must have administrator rights on your computer when installing file.
- Current Users
Blank PET Tool v3.0 - Update is recommended. This template was released 7/2012. See what is included in the new version - Parameters available in CIWQS
To update your current template to the new version:
- Open the blank PET v3.x by clicking on the link above
- Open your existing template and click on the Data Entry tab
- Copy your existing template by highlighting cell A2 through the last cell of your data set
- While holding down the Control key on your keyboard press the “C” key
- Click cell A2 of the blank PET v3.x worksheet
- While holding down the Control key on your keyboard press the “V” key
- Click “ok” to the series of dialogue boxes that appear
- Save the updated template to your computer
CIWQS Data Format (CDF)
If you are currently using a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) to manage your lab data you maybe able to set up your LIMS to export a file that CIWQS will understand and interpret correctly.
The values and codes contained in CIWQS as of the date noted are contained in the files felow. These codes should be used in the CDF files.
Analytical Method List (2018/08/20)
Calculation Methods (2018/08/20)
Parameter Reference List (2018/08/20)