Facilities Planning Grant Program
The Water Recycling Funding Program (WRFP) provides grants to assist public agencies with facilities planning studies to determine the feasibility of using recycled water to offset the use of fresh/ potable water from the state and/ or local supplies. More information is presented in the Water Recycling Funding Program Guidelines (WRFPG).
Application Package must contain the following:
- Application Form
- Resolution - A resolution by the local agency authorizing the grant application »» view sample
- Study Scope - The Study describes the nature and scope of the proposed facilities planning study and must include the components listed in the Water Recycling Funding Program Guidelines
- Proof of Compliance with the Division of Financial Assistance water conservation plan
- AB 1420 and AB 2572
After review of the application package, WRFP staff will approve the Plan of Study and the Division of Financial Assistance will issue a grant commitment.
The facilities planning study consists of all the following:
- Facilities Planning Report - The facilities planning report must include an analysis of all of the essential components of the projects. Further information can be found in Appendix B of the WRFPG
- Detailed evaluation of the selected alternative for a water recycling project
- Draft environmental documentation
- Draft Construction financing plan
- Preliminary recycled water market assurances
Disbursement of 50 percent of the total estimated grant will be made upon approval of a draft facilities plan. A final disbursement will be processed after SWRCB staff approval of the final Facilities Planning report.
Questions or Comments?
Senior Water Resources Control Engineer
Water Recycling Funding Program
Division of Financial Assistance
State Water Resources Control Board
P.O. Box 944212
Sacramento, CA 94244-2120