Land Disposal Program's Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a landfill?
- What is a surface impoundment?
- What is a waste pile?
- What is a facility?
- What is a waste management unit?
- What is compost?
- How can processing organic materials impact water quality?
- What are waste discharge requirements?
- How can waste impact groundwater quality?
- How can waste impact surface water quality?
A landfill is a waste management unit at which waste is discharged in or on land for disposal. Modern landfills are well-engineered facilities that are located, designed, and monitored to ensure compliance with federal regulations.
Compost Operation FAQs
Program Specific Question
- For program specific questions, please email Brianna.St.Pierre@waterboards.ca.gov.