Wastewater Operator Certification Program
Wastewater Advisory Committee
The Water Code authorizes the State Water Resources Control Board (State Water Board) to appoint a group of subject matter experts to assist the State Water Board in carrying out its duties regarding wastewater treatment plant operator certification and training. The State Water Board has maintained an Advisory Committee since 1972. Each of the ten Advisory Committee members is nominated to represent a particular segment of the wastewater treatment field. Each member serves a four-year term. The Advisory Committee generally meets twice a year with additional meetings scheduled as necessary.
UPDATE! Next Advisory Committee Meeting Date: December 4, 2019 at 10:00 a. m.
- Meeting Notices: TBD
- Meeting Agenda: TBD
WWOCP Advisory Committee Consists of:
- Two people from a statewide organization representing wastewater treatment plant operators and supervisors who are employed in a wastewater treatment plant as an operator or supervisor
- Two people from statewide organizations representing municipalities, including counties or private utility wastewater treatment plants
- Two people from statewide organizations representing local sanitation agencies, other than agencies which represent municipalities, including counties or private utility wastewater treatment plants
- A professional engineer specializing in sanitary engineering
- A person from a university or state university school or division of engineering, and
- A member of an organized labor union which represents wastewater treatment plant operators, and
- A water recycling operator to represent water recycling treatment plants.
- Advisory Committee Members